NetGalley Review: Moment of Impact by Rene D. Schultz

28242700Title: Moment of Impact
Author: Rene D. Schultz
Published: Dec. 15, 2015
Publisher: Self
Genre: General Fiction
Review: ebook provided by NetGalley and Author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



Moment of Impact
Seven people board a train to Los Angeles. In that one ‘moment of impact’ the train crashes, and their lives will change forever. Some will live, some will die, but the tragic rippling effect will leave many lives and families shattered, as they try to pick up the pieces. Take their journey….
“In any given ‘moment of impact’ lives will change forever. Whether good or bad, there is no going back to before. So, as much as we try, or do not want to—we must always continue to take small steps forward. This pushes us through the pain and sorrow, for if we lose the will to live…we lose that chance for a new beginning.” ~Rene d. Schultz


I received this book via NetGalley and the author to give an honest review.

You know right from the start I was into the book though I kept wondering what is this moment of impact? We enter the lives of seven people who have never met each other before but yet all their lives will entwine on one fateful day. 
This book to me felt like a destiny book, by that I mean it was destiny for them to be in that place at that time because things for them come to light. We have a husband who will lose it all. a young woman who will find a long lost relative, a man who will lose the love of his life (let me tell you now the whole scene with the hospital and the church had me bawling).  A mother who is in a depression but still fights on for her children, a young man who cares for his mother so much that he will do an unthinkable crime. A father who is famous but maybe not for long, last but not least a man who will feel the world and the sorrow on his shoulders. 
Each of these people will have have a new life because of this incident and it was amazing to see how they each adapted to their new life that they were given.
I really liked all the characters but I think the one I felt the most for minus Harper's story was Enrique. You could just feel the way he felt within the story and I wanted to just hug him through the pages and tell him it is okay. You don't have to have this burden anymore. 
 I will tell you this though please make sure when you start a new chapter you actually pay attention as a new chapter is a new character.
Overall this book was a good one for me I truly enjoyed how we not only got the background of the characters but it was all woven together wonderfully.



Rene D. Schultz
I’m divorced and I live in a small community just north of Los Angeles where I raised my two sons. I love to garden, try new recipes, take lots of pictures, and occasionally I enjoy a glass of wine with dear friends. I’ve never jumped out of a plane, climbed Mt. Everest, or seen the Northern Lights of Alaska. But, I have danced in the rain, sent a message in a bottle, and I’ve rode my motorcycle down The Pacific Coast Highway on sunny California days!

After my divorce, I waltzed into the world of online dating. I didn’t find my knight-in-shining armor, but instead in 2008, I wrote a very successful book on my entertaining experiences. My first book “Searching4MrRight.com” was published by a small press and you can find it on Amazon.

My first fiction novel “Bishop Street” is coming out July 2013. This story is about four powerful friendships that begin at Bishop Street Orphanage. It continues with lies and deceit after they leave at eighteen. Then, twenty years later, redemption plays out and ultimately the strength that got them through their childhood becomes the catalyst that binds them back together.
My passion of writing has lead me on the most amazing journey. Now, my focus is on fiction. I thrive on developing strong storylines that showcase today’s contemporary lifestyles. Rags to riches, Robinhood, and surviving the odds, seems to be my one common denominator that showcases my fascinating and diverse characters.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White