Review: Survivors: Secrets (Book 1) by Violet Cross

27250252Title: Survivors: Secrets (Book 1)
Author: Violet Cross
Published: July 11, 2015
Publisher: Self
Pages: 233 (Print)
Genre: Post-Apocalyptic
Review: ebook provided by author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



Lacey Young is a survivor. So is her sister, her best friend, and all the other young adults they share a hotel with now that the world has ended.
Lacey Young is a leader. That’s why when the lives of her crew and the people she loves become endangered, she must go against the odds and fight to take back what is theirs.
However, with secrets and betrayal as common as the grains of sand that smother the landscape, what once appeared to be a big problem threatens to become a tragedy. Blood is spilled, friendships are tested, and all the while the lurking threat that’s responsible for sending the world into chaos is closer than they all think.
Lacey has a secret. A secret she’s been repressing and hiding from those closest to her. It’s a secret that she knows can help save her friends and bring back some small semblance of peace.
But at what cost?


I received this book to give an honest review.

So when I first started this book I kind of wondered where it was going to go and as I continued reading I really started to like the main character Lacey. I think the author did a great job with her. She is not only strong willed, tough but she listens to her crew and takes their well being into thought when doing things. Not only that but she isn't weak and can fight along having a sassy mouth. She makes for an awesome character.  I really love the way this author added humor within the story between the all the characters but especially Lacey and Luke. Them two put together had me laughing.
In this post-apocalyptic world there are the humans and the Divines which are humans with super powers. The powers are very different from one another as well as the people who have them. Some are normal while others are into killing and harming others.
Lacey and her crew live on the outskirts of the city and have to pay a monthly fee to those in the city to be left alone but while trying to pay her fee she also has to be on guard for those that live in the outskirts with her. It seems her enemy someone named Plumber wants to kill her but will he succeed?  It seems that Lacey and Luke both have a secret that no one else knows and when it comes out will it change everyone's outlook on them? 
I think the author did a great job with the world she built along with the characters. Each one is memorable in their own way. There is so much I want to say about this book but I feel like I would give so much away. I recommend you read it and give your thoughts on the book. The way this story ended has you wondering how everything is going to work out when Lacey is hit with death at her doorstep will she go for revenge? I can't wait to read book two to see where we will end up and what other characters we will meet. 



Violet Cross


I'm Violet Cross. Trying my hand at being an author.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...
Writing is all I've wanted to do since I discovered my love for books at a young age and now I'm finally starting to get my completed work out there, it feels a little surreal... I know it will take a while but I think with time I'll learn though fellow fans of creative writing what to improve on to make my writing enjoyable and that in itself will inspire me to keep writing.
So if you've happened upon my page by accident, if you have the time, please take a look at my work and let me know what you think; what you liked, what you think could be improved and overall how much you enjoyed the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016