#PBwkendread Review: Pomegranate Seeds by Katy Kellogg

13416575Title: Pomegranate Seeds
Author: Katy Kellogg
Published: Jan. 15, 2012
Pages: 384
Review: Paperback Won
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



Korbin Stockard wanted to be a good guy. He really did. Sometimes it was hard not to act like a demon, though. He jumped at the chance for redemption; live twenty years as a human, with no memory of his demonic side, without sinning. Sounded simple enough. He might have succeeded, if he hadn't met Haleigh.
Elijah Peterson is an angel who wanted to save Korbin, under the same terms as the demon's agreement. It really did seem like an easy task. He might have succeeded, he if hadn't met Haleigh.
When Haleigh moved into a one hundred and twenty year old apartment, she thought it was going to be all independence and fun. It fell apart as soon as the last picture was hung on the wall. After getting into fights with her best friend and ber boyfriend, she manages to get the logos, a tool that can create and destroy existance as we know it, stuck inside of her.
She now has to rely on two angels, a demon, and a halfbreed to protect her and find a way to remove the logos before either a group of demons set on recreating existance as they want it, or the logos destroys her from the inside out.


I won this paperback and I was glad to have. It sounded like a good book I started reading it and half way through it just fell a bit flat for me. We are introduced to Haleigh, Korbin and Elijah and we go back and forth with different p.o.v.'s from all three. Haleigh and Korbin are best friends and Elijah is Haleigh's boyfriend. We see the tension between Korbin and Elijah so when it escalates to the point that one of them is killed that is when Haleigh is brought into the world of angels and demons. Especially now that she has a tool within her body called the logos.  Between all three we learn what will happen to Haleigh while she has this tool within her and how all this supernatural works. 
For me there was just not enough action within the story. Though I have to say the scene with the birds and the church had me going on my goodness attack of the birds.  I think that the teens would enjoy this book a whole lot more as there is no sex, and really no graphic violence at all. The way the book ended it seems that maybe there could more to come not really sure though as it seemed like and opening ending. 
The characters were pretty decent. I really loved how Korbin and Haleigh were just best friends and that one had a crush on the other. 
#PBwkendread




Katy Kellogg
I grew up in Ypsilanti, Michigan, but I've moved around the country after becoming a 'grown-up' (even though I'm 31, I'm generally not viewed as that very often...) living in Las Vegas, Denver, and now I currently reside in Houston. I love the idea of hurricanes, though I've never actually lived through one. I suspect my excitement over the idea will quickly subside after my first experience.
My roommates consist of a 3-legged dog named Timmy and an overbearing feline named Alice. (she's much too cool to just be called a "cat") There is a distinct possibility Keebler elves live in my apartment, because I hear rustlings at night, and my broken shoes are never repaired. I've yet to wake up to a plate of fresh-baked cookies, however, so their existence is not proven yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White