#PBwkendread: The Program (The Program #1) by Suzanne Young


Wow the weekend has already gone and past but I did find my weekend read after I finished my other paperback. I actually finished last week's paperback read on Sunday night and then picked up The Program to read. So I guess The Program will also be my week read as well. This last week has be crazy hectic so I haven't had much full down time to read especially with this cough that makes me hurt it gets worse in the evenings when I am trying to sleep.

I have heard so much about this book, I tried finding it on NetGalley and it wasn't there, then there were two contest that I entered into for an ecopy of the book I didn't win on those. 
So I added this book to my Goodreads list, so maybe in the future I could read it when I got a chance. I was going to buy the book but it was a bit out of my price range. Then as I was searching around at my public library I saw another book by Suzanne Young and I ran to the librarian and asked her if she had The Program by this author, she searched and didn't find it until it popped up at another library. I literally was so excited to hear that the library actually had it, the only downfall is if I wanted it that day I had to go pick it up. Which of course I was totally happy to as I was headed that way anyway. I just hope they have the next book on the list if I enjoy this one. So as I have been waiting to read this book I hope it is as good as the hype I have given myself. So I am off to get some reading done. 

18051342
In this “gripping tale for lovers of dystopian romance” (Kirkus Reviews), true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.
Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.
Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in.
And The Program is coming for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016