Author Interview: Raebeth McGee Buda



Interview questions.

1. How hard is it to balance writing and being a mother?


It's really difficult. I don't have much time to write unless my husband takes the kids for a few hours. This is why my writing has slowed down. I plan to devote more time during the 2016 year to my work. If all works out, I should be releasing several books soon.
 2. Do you have any work in progress right now?

I do. My thumb drive where I keep all my work in progress items is full with about eight or so unfinished books. Some of them are fiction while others are nonfiction. All are in the Christian category.


3. Are you doing any different genres or are you going to stay with the Christian aspect? 

I do have one book that's paranormal. I am experimenting in other ways of writing but will always remain a Christian author.


4. What is your biggest accomplishment in life?

I would say having four self published books. It took a lot to write each book and the past several years have been very trying for me as a person. I believe that it's definitely an accomplishment to finish each book because of the circumstances I was going through at that time.


5. If you could go back 10 years from now what would you tell your self? 

I would tell myself that I need to hold on tight because it's going to be a bumpy ride. However, it wont be as bad providing I invite Jesus to walk beside me. As I said in a recent blog post, Everyone who allows Christ to guide their footsteps is guaranteeing themselves for a better future and a forgiven past!
6. Did you always want to be a writer when you were younger?
Actually, it wasn't until I was an adult that I figured out I wanted to be a writer. Now, I've always had it in me to write. I did poetry and short stories, which are now novels, but I never thought about sharing it. My younger sister get credit here. She's the one who inspired me to add on to Silenced, which started as a short story.


Fun questions:


1. Do you like it to be hot or cold?

I would rather be hot. I hate the cold. It's hard for me to warm myself up once the cold gets to me. Plus it makes me cranky.
 2. Do you have to have matching socks?
No, life is too short to worry about matching socks. I grab a pair of socks from the dresser without worrying if they are paired
 3. What is your pet peeve?
I have many of these, but one of the biggest is leaving open the door on a cabinet. I hate it. I had a cat who would walk into the kitchen, open the bottom cabinet doors, and walk away. I think he did that on purpose.

What is one thing you would like to tell your readers?


Life may seem to throw things at you that you think you can't handle. I'm here to tell you that you CAN handle anything life throws at you. Keep your head high, allow Christ to be at your side, and you'll go anywhere in life unscathed!

Raebeth's books:
16132957

Amber Brown spent her entire existence believing Dave was her father. When her mother reveals this is untrue, she goes through an emotional spiral with depression. It's hard for her to believe her mother had lied to her all this time.

A move to a new home and town causes Amber to be consumed by her "darkness" and reverts to cutting to free herself from her pain.
When Casey, her new friend enters her life, she introduces Amber to parties, drugs, and Amber's new boyfriend Landon. The secret of cutting begins to take affect on Amber as she tries to hide it from her friends and family. In the mist of everything, Amber has the desire to find out who her biological father is.
Follow Amber through her trials of depression and cutting, along with the discovery of love.
Amazon


18260638
In life when one thing goes wrong, it can feel like everything goes wrong. Secrets come to the surface while friendships twist out of control, romantic relationships end, and even a dear loved one can die!
In Silenced: The Overtaking Amber’s life turns to chaos when she finds out Sarah, her childhood friend dies suddenly, her stepfather reveals another devastating family secret, and her boyfriend begins pushing her away.
After all the truth comes out, Amber turns to her darkness for comfort when her worst fear becomes reality. Her secret with cutting is discovered when she loses control and ends up in the hospital. Amber’s long journey to recovery begins with a battle. While she’s fighting her way to freedom, she discovers the one love she’s been missing her entire life.
Will Amber overtake her darkness of cutting or will the darkness overtake her?
Amazon 


18660104
The journey of pregnancy brings hope, joy, and love for the expecting mother. The hope of giving birth to a new life. The joy of feeling this new life grow inside of her. The love that starts with a test that doesn’t ever end. Dreams for the unborn child flood the new mother’s mind, as well as those around her. Each step of the pregnancy is a cherished moment. The anticipation of meeting her cherished baby builds from the very first month and ends after birth.
This is the story of one mother and how a few words changed her life forever. How a piece of her faded when she heard these words: “There’s no heartbeat.” When RaeBeth Buda laid in the hospital in labor, she and her husband heard those dreaded words.
What happens when all of those dreams are shattered in a moment’s notice? How does one cope with the loss of their child? This is the story of their journey and of the devastating grief of the loss of her daughter, Dakota Emily Buda. Amazon


Gratitude is often thought of as a gift or a blessing. By choosing gratitude, we teach ourselves to see the blessing in all situations, which leads to a more thankful life.

This thirty-day challenge will take you on a journey, which will have you looking at different parts within life to find gratitude and give thanks. We will focus on the meaning of gratitude, seeing gratitude in difficult moments, ungratefulness, thankfulness, and even focus on saying thanks to friends and family who deserve recognition. When we choose gratitude, we teach our children to be more thankful and live a life with "eyes of gratitude."

Join me in this journey to better your life with joy, happiness, and an attitude of gratitude.
 Amazon





Rae-Beth McGee-Buda resides in the rolling hills of Farmington, West Virginia with her husband, daughter, and son.
She’s been writing in some form her entire life, but loving young sister, Audra McGee noticed her talent and gave her the reassurance she needed to start her writing career. After many months of deliberation, Rae-Beth decided to trust her sisters word and expand her short story into what we all know and love as The Silenced Series.
Rae-Beth is a mother to an angel in Heaven...Miss Dakota, whom she honored in Saying Goodbye Without Saying Hello. Her goal for her books is to inspire and give hope. She is a Christian author, who firmly believes in God and incorporates her faith into some of her work.




Website: 
http://raebethmcgee.weebly.com/index.html

Facebook :
 //www.facebook.com/raebethbuda/

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/raebethmcgee


Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/raebethmcgeebuda/


Goodreads:
 https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5095502.RaeBeth_McGee_Buda

Blog:
http://raebethbuda.blogspot.com/

 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for spotlighting me on your blog. I had a great time with the interview and I look forward to working with you again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016