Review: Forbidden Mind (The Forbidden Trilogy #1) by Karpov Kinrade

20748351Title: Forbidden Mind (The Forbidden Trilogy #1)
Author: Karpov Kinrade
Published: Feb. 1, 2014
Publisher: Daring Books
Pages: 237
Genre: YA, paranormal
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 




49% of Americans believe their government officials are honest. I don't know these officials, or their supporters, but I know their secrets, and 49% of Americans are wrong.

My employers pay me well to be right, to know things others can't. But I don't know why they brought that boy in, strapped to a stretcher, barely conscious. He asked me for help when I could give none.

I'm a wealthy spy, a talented artist, a martial arts black belt, and a prisoner. They tell me that on my eighteenth birthday, I will be released, free to go to the college of my dreams. It's my eighteenth birthday, and a man in black is at my door. I know he's not here to free me.

I know, because I can read minds.

My name is Sam, and this is my story.

So begins the tale of Sam and Drake--from the time they link minds, forging a bond that leads to an unconventional romance--to their fight for survival against the corrupt, twisted organization known as 'Rent-A-Kid.'


This was a pretty good story. Kids with special powers being rented out for those who need them. Mind readers are of course needed to read minds for people who might run a business, healers may be needed to heal people with sickness among others. This story is told between Sam and Drake. Sam attends this special school for kids with powers and doesn't think anything different about it. Until she comes back from an assignment and starts uncovering the secrets within the school. 
Then we end up meeting Drake who doesn't live within the school but has powers himself he is always on top of his surroundings until one day, he finds himself trapped somewhere and this is where he meets Sam. They both seem to have mind powers so it is no surprise they would link with each other but they also linked in other ways. It seems that there is something far more going on within this school than meets the eye. What will it take to uncover what is going on and who will die in the process? 
I do wonder what will happen in book two and I may pick it up to see what happens next. 




Karpov Kinrade is the pen name for the husband and wife writing duo of USA TODAY bestselling, award-winning authors Dmytry Karpov and Lux Kinrade.

Together, they write fantasy and science fiction. Look for their work in The Nightfall Chronicles, The Shattered Islands series and The Forbidden Trilogy.


They live with three little girls who think they’re ninja princesses with super powers and who are also showing a propensity for telling tall tales and using the written word to weave stories of wonder and magic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White