#PBwkendread Review: The Unseen 2 (The Unseen #3-4 Omnibus) by Richie Tankersley Cusick

13383122Title: The Unseen 2
Author: Richie Tankersley Cusick
Publisher: Speak
Published: Aug. 16, 2012
Pages: 640
Genre: Paranormal, Teens, YA
Review: library book
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk  





Out walking alone one rainy night, Lucy becomes convinced that someone--or something--is following her. Soon she begins having terrifying visions and dreams--and she still can't shake the feeling of an unseen presence, always watching, waiting . . .


MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS 

When I finished book one I knew I wanted to read book two to find out what was going to happen. I still had questions that I needed answers to. 
Well I wasn't very happy with this book it was one I kept putting down only to pick up to put down. I think it took me a bit longer to finish that I planned to.
We start off right where we ended in book one and new characters are introduced. Lucy will finally get to meet the one that has been stalking her. The way this creature was described I was like wow okay never thought of that I was thinking more like a vampire, though the clues were all right there in front of me. 
Now Lucy is still with her aunt who I just can not stand as a character she leaves her niece alone while she goes and does a job even though her daughter or well step-daughter is missing? Who does that? Obviously someone who doesn't care. 
Lucy is now going to take care of Gran which I think is pretty awesome of her to do, though when someone claiming to be the long lost relative of Gran's comes into the picture you have to wonder what is this person up to. Who is the mysterious Nicholas person and why is Lucy torn between liking him and hating him? 
So as I said there are some new characters and one of them comes into play and this person is Jared he says he is Bryon's brother but how can Lucy trust and believe him. Bryon never mentioned a brother right? We see how Lucy is torn between helping him and leaving him out in the cold, but in the end what will she do?
I don't really know what else to say on this book I mean it seemed to have really good potential but I feel as though it fell flat. Lucy is like in a love triangle almost she really liked Bryon but he is dead which doesn't seem like very long, but then she has feelings for Matt, then Jared it was like it was all over the place on this. 
Also the ending felt rushed and didn't feel right when the whole action scene went down at the end I wondered who was the person that was talking with Lucy? I am assuming the shape shifter? 

I did enjoy the different points of views from Lucy and the stalker. The stalker's point of view was pretty good and it was nice to see through him.
I think the author has a good story to tell in this book but just didn't quite work for me as well as I thought it would. I do plan on reading more of her work to see what else she has in store. 

#PBwkendread 



Richie Tankersley Cusick
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists with the likes of R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike. Her fan base expanded about the time she changed publishers to Archway/Pocket Books with titles like "Vampire" and "Someone at the Door".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016