Review: Broken Heart by Tammy Faith

23593963Title: Broken Heart
Author: Tammy Faith
Published: July 3, 2015
Publisher: Self
Pages: 234
Genre: New Adult
Review: ebook provided by author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk



I met Cris when I was five years old. He was my brother's best friend. We started out as friends and eventually evolved to first kiss, first crush, first love. First everything.
I was an innocent little girl. Stupid. Naive. Cris and I promised each other forever.
Right then, we didn't know that promises were so hard to keep. I was corrupted, each piece of me smashed against my foolish and childish wishes. Who would have thought that my boyfriend would become the vivid incarnation of my own personal demon?
Crisanto Tauli and Phoebe Stephen were happy.
Until that day.
The day she can't seem to remember, and he can't seem to forget. The day that she, ruled by her fears, left him. The day that she broke both of their hearts.
Now she has to face him, and her secrets, once again.
TRIGGER WARNING! DUE TO MATURE CONTENT, THIS BOOK IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR READERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.


I received this book to give an honest review.
WARNING IN CASE YOU DID NOT SEE IT.
TRIGGER WARNING THIS IS FOR ADULTS 18 on UP THERE IS RAPE WITHIN THIS STORY. 
WTH did I just read? I mean that in a good way this book pulled on my heart strings and left me going WTF multiple times. 
Right from the beginning I was pulled into the story Phoebe the M.C. has lost a day and doesn't know what happened to her, she has a feeling but she isn't sure. Because of that day she is not the same, she is no longer speaking, she is withdrawn and she broke up with her soul mate Cris. Everyone knows something is wrong but she won't talk. Let me say this the person that did it I totally didn't even think it was this person. I was like WHAT! That was a crazy twist within the story. 
We saw how Phoebe dealt with the sexual assault and how it affected her life and then of course we see her get the help she needed, as the story goes on we watch as Cris and herself grow into adults and how they move on with their life. 

I loved how Cris and Phoebe were childhood sweethearts and how their relationship blossomed you could tell they were going to be together forever it just had to happen. They both go something very difficult that you know it changes them but how will affected their relationship? I loved the way Cris and Phoebe played the word game with each other and how Cris would speak to Phoebe in Talgon (I hope I spelled that right) it brought a dose of awwww to the story. 
I did enjoy reading the secondary characters like Paul and Mike they don't play a big role but it was nice to see what they were going through in their lives as well. 
The only issue I had was when her best friend Gi leaves I mean just straight up leaves and I could understand why but it made no sense. Like you know she heard about what happened to Phoebe the second time it just irked me. 
Also Cris's little incident he decided to have right after spending time with Phoebe I could have smacked him ten ways to Sunday. Who in their right mind does that? I mean I could understand but to have a good time with his girl and her family only to break her heart. Not cool Cris thank goodness you are a character in a book is all I am saying. 
The story is intense, the plot line very serious, the characters were well developed the author did a great job with bringing a story like this to light and making me want to beat the heck out of the assailant and give Phoebe the biggest hugs ever. 




Tammy Faith is an independent author who enjoys creating stories that are packed with romance. Her debut novel, Broken Heart, is going to be published next July.
In addition to writing, she loves reading whenever she is not studying for college.
She has a big family she adores, and a unrequited love for food.
She hopes you like her stories as much as she enjoys writing them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016