Summer Blog Hop: Final Death by Rose Garcia




Title: Final Death
Author: Rose Garcia
Genre: YA Sci-fi/Paranormal
Pages: 264
Publisher: Self
Buy Link: Amazon




Dominique has conquered the evil within her, only to find her one true love now has to kill her. Desperate to save her friends and loved ones from sharing her fate, Dominique ditches her companions in an effort to protect them. With Trent left for dead in the past, she has no idea that Infiniti and Fleet have banded together, facing their own adversity as they struggle to find her.

Sure of nothing, and trusting someone from her first life who promises to be on her side, Dominique decides to set out on her own mission: kill before being killed. With time running out and her friends in hot pursuit, Dominique is hell bent on finishing what was started nine lives ago. Or finally face her final death.




EXCERPT:
The 18-wheeler lurched, and that’s when I noticed our speed. We were hauling. My stomach dropped. Is this guy a murderer? Whisking me away to his “death cabin” somewhere? My mind filled with all the horror movies I’d ever watched. Goosebumps lined my skin.
I eyed the speedometer—one hundred miles per hour! “Um, mister—”
“We gotta get away from the bad guys, right?” he said with a wink.
I shuddered, grossed out by his wink, when his phrase “bad guys” made me pause. When I had hopped in his truck, I had made up a story about being afraid of my drunk boyfriend. I never said anything about bad guys. I scooted away from him and closer to the door. My hand connected with the door handle, and a shock stung my fingers.
The man chuckled, but I detected a hint of nervousness in his laugh. “The cold weather always makes me shock myself,” he said, rubbing his thick fingertips together.

Trying to act calm and not let on how freaked I was, I laughed back. “Um, yeah. The cold weather.” I eyed the expansive road ahead of us. The only break in the darkness was the white stripes streaking past down the middle of the asphalt. If I flung open the door and jumped out of a speeding big rig going a hundred, I’d probably die. If I stayed, I might get killed. And then I remembered Farrell would eventually find me and end me anyway. So why should I care how I died? It was a stupid thing to think about, picking a preferred means of death, but for some reason I felt the need to get away from crazy grandpa.
The lock at the top of the door was upright. That was good. I slipped my fingers around the door handle and scooted closer to my exit, deciding to take my chances with a stunt-move leap from the truck.
“Hey! What are you doing?” the old man called out, catching on to my plan.
“Getting away from YOU!” I pulled the handle and pushed, but nothing happened. It was locked after all! I clawed at the top of the door and pulled at the metal lever, but it wouldn’t budge!

“Not so fast, Dom,” my driver, now abductor, warned.
My eyes scanned the area around the console, looking for something I could use to protect myself, when his words sank in. Did he just call me Dom? My mind raced, trying to remember if I told him my name, but I knew I hadn’t. Especially not that name. And then, a whispering recognition of someone calling me Dom entered my awareness, a memory lodged so deep in my brain it barely escaped.
I pressed up against the door, the cool glass tingling the back of my head. “Who the hell are you?”

 Rose Garcia is a lawyer turned writer who’s always been fascinated by science fiction and fantasy. From a very young age, she often had her nose buried in books about other-worlds, fantastical creatures, and life and death situations. More recently she’s been intrigued by a blend of science fiction and reality, and the idea that some supernatural events are, indeed, very real. Fueled by her imagination, she created The Transhuman Chronicles—a series of book about people who have overcome human limitations. Rose lives in Houston, Texas with her awesome husband and two amazing kids.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorRoseGarcia
Website: http://www.rosegarciabooks.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/roseonprose



Comments

  1. This book sounds like something I'd really enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White