#BRANDEDVERSARY – Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki


(This is the old cover as the new one will not load for me) The new cover that is on the banner is the NEW one
#BRANDEDVERSARY – Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki

Fifty years ago The Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society.


To punish the guilty, he created the Hole, a place where sinners are branded according to their sins. Sinners are forced to live a less than human existence in deplorable conditions, under the watchful eye of guards who are ready to kill anyone who steps out of line.

Now, LUST wraps around my neck like thick, blue fingers, threatening to choke the life out of me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit, and the Hole is my new home.

Constant darkness.
Brutal and savage violence.
Excruciating pain.
Every day is a fight for survival.
But I won’t let them win. I will not die in the Hole.

I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.


Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22608435-branded

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Branded-Sinner-1-Abi-Ketner/dp/0989527417/ref=sr_1_3_twi_1_pap?ie=UTF8&qid=1433020304&sr=8-3&keywords=Abi+Ketner
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/branded-abi-ketner/1115861790?ean=9780989527415
TBD: http://www.bookdepository.com/Branded-Abi-Ketner/9780989527415
iBooks: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/audiobook/branded-sinners-book-1-unabridged/id943582774?uo=6




I received this book from the authors, from NetGalley.
I have only done this on a few books, but my rating is not 5 stars! It is a full 10+!
I found myself staying up way too late, and getting up super early to read this book. When I got to 91% in this book, I literally kept finding different things to do around the house since I did not want to finish it. I knew as soon as I finished Branded I would be so sad because there was nothing more to read with it.
The storyline was TERRFIC! It kept me engaged more and more and it was something that I have never read before. Hell I was hooked from the very first words! The characters were written perfectly! I found myself having a heart for Cole and especially his dog Zeus!
There were times that I literally laughed out loud with Zeus and his tactics. One part being where he scared his self from his gas.
Branded was fast-paced, full of emotion, and action packed. I know this may be to early to even say this but Branded is my number one favorite for 2013. I do not think there is a book that will even stand with Branded as good as it was.
Lexi was a strong heroine in the story, even though she was being put through hell! And even then she was able to find love with the one person who said he would die protecting her! Lexi had a big heart and her actions were something that I felt and couldn't help but sympathize with her.
Cole is a guard who has been ordered to protect Lexi, but yet he falls heed over heels with her even though he is not suppose to. That is a big no no in the Hole! Sinners and Guards DO NOT fall in love. There are grave consequences for those who do. And Lexi and Cole learn this all first hand.
There is a major twist at the end that I really did not see coming and was totally caught by surprise! Way to go with that authors!
I am so glad there was not a cliffhanger at the end of this book, but I do not know that Lexi and Cole's adventure is far from over! And I can not wait until book 2 is out!
Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki are two authors you want to keep your eye on! They have a real talent for writing.




Abi and Missy met in the summer of 1999 at college orientation and have been best friends ever since. After college, they added jobs, husbands and kids to their lives, but they still found time for their friendship. Instead of hanging out on weekends, they went to dinner once a month and reviewed books. What started out as an enjoyable hobby has now become an incredible adventure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White