Review: The Third Twin by C.J. Omololu

18135437
Identical twins. Identical DNA. Identical suspects. It's Pretty Little Liarsmeets Revenge in this edge-of-your-seat thriller with a shocking twist.
When they were little, Lexi and her identical twin, Ava, made up a third sister, Alicia. If something broke? Alicia did it. Cookies got eaten? Alicia's guilty. Alicia was always to blame for everything. The game is all grown up now that the girls are seniors. They use Alicia as their cover to go out with boys who are hot but not exactly dating material. Boys they'd never, ever be with in real life.
Now one of the guys Alicia went out with has turned up dead, and Lexi wants to stop the game for good. As coincidences start piling up, Ava insists that if they follow the rules for being Alicia, everything will be fine. But when another boy is killed, the DNA evidence and surveillance photos point to only one suspect: Alicia. The girl who doesn't exist. As she runs from the cops, Lexi has to find the truth before another boy is murdered. Because either Ava is a killer…or Alicia is real.


I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review. 


I have to say this was one of those books that kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out who done it. 
Alexa and Ava are identical twins how sweet! But ever since they were little they would blame everything on a "invisible" person named Alicia. Now everyone went on with this little joke of a third sister with these two but Alexa and Ava took it to a whole other level. Now that the girls are grown up they use Alicia to go out with guys that are not deemed worthy enough to keep around just date and possibly fool around even though there are rules to using Alicia! 
When guys the girls are dating end up dead they find themselves in the cross hairs of the police but will the police find the killer in time? Or will one or both of the twins go to jail for murder?
The author had me on my toes on more than one occasion. There were twists and turns I didn't see coming, as soon as I thought I had the killer pegged down the author threw something else in the mix and made me rethink.

I loved the plot line and how the author didn't give you the killer right away. You had to read to the end to figure it out. Now yes about 80% in the book I finally knew who it was but that is what made me enjoy the story. I had to keep reading and guessing. I couldn't just say oh now I know who it is. Not only that the twist that comes in the middle of the book! Totally did not see that coming at all and I loved that the author threw that in there.







C.J. Omololu


I write as C.J., but you can call me Cynthia. My YA novel DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS came out in early 2010. My next book TRANSCENDENCE came out in June of 2012, followed by the sequel INTUITION in June of 2013. My newest book is a YA thriller called THE THIRD TWIN and will be out in February 2015 followed by another standalone thriller RECOVERY in early 2016.

You might notice that I only give 4 or 5 star reviews. That isn't because I love everything, it's because I only review things I really love. As a writer, I know all that goes into making a book, and while a story might not strike a chord with me, who am I to say it won't with someone else? I hate tomatoes, but lots of people like them, and it's the same with a book. So, if I rate something here, it's means that I'd let you borrow my copy, but I really do want you to give it back so that I can read it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016