Review: Mr. In-Between by Neil Cross

1771726
Jon Bennet works for the Tattooed Man. He's an ideal employee: efficient, conscientious, and utterly loyal to the man for whom he kills. It is an existence that encourages solitariness, which Jon has cultivated, until he encounters Andy and Cathy, old friends from school, now married with a child.


I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

I have read one book by this author and I enjoyed his work, now with this book I literally felt like I just wanted to finish it quickly so I could move on.
At times I couldn't tell you what was going on. What I gathered is Jon is hired killer, one that people fear then he runs into an old friend from school. They play catch up, then Andy loses his family which causes Jon to lose it and kill someone without the consent of his boss. This leads to  Andy working  for the Tattooed man and Jon has issues with it. At the end Jon is free to put it in easy terms. 
I think Jon has mental issues because of his childhood but I am not really sure. I just felt lost with this story, I honestly had no clue what was going on. I know that there is drugs and drinking, and killing and one finally becoming free it seems.

Now this may be a book for others who can truly understand what is all going on but for me it wasn't what I was expecting.

I don't know what else I can write in this review and this is truly a first for me. Normally the words come out easy but I guess because I didn't "click" with the book on any level there isn't much to write. 








Neil Cross
Neil was born in Bristol in 1969. He lived in Edinburgh, Brighton, Leeds and London before settling down. He is the author of several novels including Always the Sun, Burial and Captured as well as the bestselling memoir Heartland. He was lead scriptwriter for the acclaimed series 6 and series 7 of the BBC spy drama series Spooks and is the creator of the forthcoming BBC crime thriller Luther, which is scheduled to appear on BBC1 in 2010, starring Idris Elba. Following the British publication of Captured in January 2010, he is working on his next novel and continues to write for the screen. He lives in New Zealand with his wife and two sons.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White