Guest Interview: Author Lavinia Urban








Erin Tait is a 15 year old girl, born with a birthmark covering the left side of her face.

She moves to her parent’s home town of Galladale, where all is not what it seems.
From day one, Erin is bullied by Jessica Watson, for looking at Sean Jackson.
Why is she trying to keep Erin away? It’s hard when Sean goes out of his way to talk to Erin, causing the bullying to get worse.

Erin is lonely and scared; she doesn’t know what to do. Can she control the fire inside?





Message from Lavinia:

My Erin The Fire Goddess series are what I am mainly known for. There are currently 6 books in this series available right now and only 1 or 2 (main) books in the pipeline.
I have written other, non-novel, books and I also have a brand new series that I am set to release this year.
Stay tuned for that one because everyone who has read the opening chapter has been emotionally gripped.
Here is the opening paragraph:

Time waits for no man. It has its own schedule and doesn't give you extra seconds or minutes. It doesn't wait for you to say the things you want or do the things you need to. It doesn't wait around for you to say goodbye, to tells someone how much you love them. Before you know it, it is too late and you don't get a chance for a do over. I know this all too well because last year my mum lost her battle to cancer. She was my rock. She was the most beautiful and loving mother who I loved and still love unconditionally. But now I'm left with a gaping hole in my chest.





Lavinia originally grew up in Cheshire and now lives in a small village just outside of Edinburgh with her husband and two daughters. Writing has always been something that Lavinia have loved since an early age but it wasn't until 2010 when the idea came to her to write Erin the Fire Goddess. Lavinia chose to name the main character and her sister after her two daughters, who inspire Lavinia to write every day.
Social links: Facebook:
Facebook author page: https://www.facebook.com/LaviniaUrbanAuthor
Erin the Fire Goddess Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ErinTheFireGoddess


Twitter:
@Lavinia_Missb
@Erinfiregoddess

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/laviniaurban/

TSU: https://www.tsu.co/Lavinia_Urban

Website: www.laviniaurban.co.uk

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LaviniaUrban/posts/p/pub

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/laviniamissb/

Blog: laviniaurban.blogspot.co.uk

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6430924.Lavinia_Urban



Now on to the interview:

1.) Do you have to have matching colored socks?

Yeah I have OCD and I have to wear matching socks. I am kind of
obsessed with socks too. I love fluffy ones and toe socks. One day I,
somehow, had one of my toe socks attached to me when I went to the
Dr's. Just as I went to the Dr's room someone called out that I had
dropped a glove. It was one of my socks and I was mortified. It was
the same day I had paper stuck to my big fluffy hat. Yup the life of a
writer without coffee is fun lol.
**I can not wear toe socks makes my feet feel funny I guess because all the toes are separated lol.

2.) What would you do for a Klondike bar ?

Errrrm what is a Klondike bar? *runs away to Google* Okay here was me
thinking it was an alcoholic bar lol. I have never had one. I am in
the UK though. ** lol that is okay if you never had one. If I could ship it to you without it melting I sure enough would.

3.) One of your earliest childhood memories.

My family used to find it freaky the things I can remember. The
earliest one I remember was when I was about 6 months old and a man
was handing me a small, pink teddy bear. **Wow 6 months old that is freaky. But pretty cool so you got a memory like an elephant lol.

4.) What is one thing that you can live without?

I would have to say family. I know, in a way, it consists of more than
one but as a whole my family completes me. **Aww that is so sweet.

5.) Favorite book that you could read over and over?

Honestly it would have to be Twilight or Harry Potter. I remember
reading the entire Twilight series 3 times in two weeks. **Loved both of the series but Harry Potter triumphs every time.

6.) What house of the magical world of Harry Potter would you be a
part of? Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw.

For me it would have to be Gryffindor, which is probably a popular
one. But if you asked my eldest daughter she would say that she would
love to be in Slytherin. **We have rivalry among ya'll be prepared with your wands lol.

7.) Have you ever had a nightmare and were able to remember it?

Oh yes, lots. I have woke up crying before. My nightmares mainly
consist of deaths. Morbid, I know. **I have never been able to remember them, I wish I did though.

8.) Favorite genre of movie?

This is a hard one, my husband would say that my favourite genre is
Horror/Thriller. You can't really class them as Horror because they do
not make them like they used to so they aren't very horrific. I also
love comedy's. But lately I have found that I am a huge fan of the
teen genre. I can sit and watch HP, Twilight, Hunger Games, Mortal
Instruments, etc. over and over and over again. 
** It is so hard to find a good Horror genre because they are not very horrific. It seems that the magical world has taken over which hey I have no problem reading but I think that genre is taking over to where the horror is no longer there.

Lavinia :)

Author of 'Erin the Fire Goddess' series
Links to The Beginning (Erin The Fire Goddess)

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Erin-Fire-Goddess-Lavinia-Urban-ebook/dp/B0085L3SDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406380283&sr=8-1&keywords=erin+the+fire+goddess&tag=smarturl-20

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/181660

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/erin-the-fire-goddess-lavinia-urban/1112107623?ean=9781291068443

 Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/shop/lavinia-urban/erin-the-fire-goddess-the-beginning/ebook/product-21142829.html



I have to give a huge thank you to Lavinia for being my FIRST guest on the blog. I loved your answers to the questions. I literally giggled!!!


And for those that do not know you can get book one The Beginning for FREE!! Who can pass up a good book like this. And it is perfect for teenagers to read so if your teen is looking for a good clean book filled with magic this is the book to get.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016