Review: Zombie Attack! Rise of the Horde (Zombie Attack #1) by Devan Sagliani

21760281
When 16 year old Xander's older brother Moto left him at Vandenberg Airforce Base he only had one request - don't leave no matter what. But there was no way he could have known that one day zombies would gather into groups big enough to knock down walls and take out entire buildings full of people. That was before the rise of the horde!

Now Xander is on the run, fleeing south to Port Hueneme to locate his brother with nothing but his martial arts training and the katana blade left to him. Along the way he'll have to fight for his life against other survivors, neo-Nazi's, outlaw bikers, gang bangers, cannibals, cult members, and a seemingly endless sea of flesh hungry zombies.

But Xander is far from alone. Traveling with him are Benji, a 12 year old comic book geek, and Felicity Jane, a childhood celebrity with wild mood swings. Will they make it together in one piece to the safe zone or will they become the next meal for a hungry horde of wild zombies?

Zombie Attack! Rise of the Horde is filled with pulse pounding undead action from the very first chapter up until the bitter sweet end. From rock stars and celebrities to false prophets and miracle workers, this book has it all! The story takes off like a bullet and doesn't slow down until the last sentence. You won't be able to put it down!

I received this book to give an honest review.
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS BEWARE!!!


I am torn how to rate this book. I am going from between three and four rating. Maybe by the time this review is written I can have a rating.

The story was strong, let me say I love zombies there is just something about them that creeps me out but at the same time I get giddy with excitement to read about them. Maybe it is the fact that they eat people, or maybe it is the fact that you can shoot them or chop off their head. Whatever it is I like a good zombie book.
This was how it started. 
Xander is a teenager who is living on a base, until a horde of zombies comes and destroys it. 
After that Xander and his young friend Benji head out to find the base where Moto who is Xander's brother is stationed at.
Now for a while at the beginning I kept hearing Moto and I had no clue who in the hell that was and it bothered me until finally it became clear it was Xander's brother. 

As we follow Xander and Benji they encounter more people rather than zombies. But when they do encounter the zombies it is not gory much. I guess I am so use to reading books that deal with gory that I was a bit surprised at this. 
Along the way they do add another person to their group and she is a bit of a celebrity. Felicity Jane who ends up going with them to Hueneme and using her charms to get them out of some trouble. 

Now there is a part in the story where Xander and Benji see a helicopter I want to know why they never tried to get the attention of it? I know if I saw a army helicopter bet your bottom dollar I would be trying my hardest to get its attention no matter if humans or zombies are coming after me.

Overall this was a good zombie book, and I can't wait to read book two to find out what else can happen.







Devan Sagliani
Devan Sagliani was born and raised in Southern California and graduated from UCLA. He is the author of the Zombie Attack! series, The Rising Dead, A Thirst For Fire, and the UNDEAD L.A. series. Devan also wrote the original screenplay for the movie HVZ: Humans Versus Zombies. He writes a bimonthly horror column for Escapist Magazine called Dark Dreams.
Devan's fiction has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and the Million Writers Award. In 2012 his debut novel Zombie Attack! Rise of the Horde won Best Zombie/Horror E-book on Goodreads. He is also an active member of the Horror Writer's Association.
He currently lives in Venice Beach, California with his wife.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016