Review: Seduced by Innocence: Rose's Trilogy (The Seduced Saga #1) by Karpov Kinrade

17148140
All my life I've been told that I will kill my first love. That the dark power I harbor within myself will destroy him.
Just like it's destroyed others.
Witches take an oath to do no harm, but I broke that oath even as a child, and so I hide within the invisible walls of my strange coven, keeping everyone at a distance.
 Until I meet Derek.
His magnetism draws me in even as I know I should run. But I can't run, because I need him to teach me how to defend myself and others, so I don't fall victim to the shifters out to terrorize my coven.
He can't know my secret, and I can't give in to the other need that's growing between us, the one that heats me from within whenever we're together.But flesh is weaker than intention, and neither of us can fight the fates. If only we'd known the truth before taking that first bite of forbidden fruit.
Now it's too late.





After reading the blurb I figured I would give this book a try. It seemed like it would be really good.
But I felt as though somethings were left unexplained and I can only hope that maybe in the other books everything starts coming together and we can get the answers to questions that are there.

This is a story about witches, druids and werewolves. I know, I know the normal type of paranormal. But there is a past it seems between the witches and wolves and it is one that we don't really understand why they have a past because we never get an answer to it. Not only that Rose has a dark power that we never get any explanation or semi explanation as to why she has it. I wanted to know more about it all. 
There are different P.O.V.'s through out the book and you can tell which one is telling us the story. 
We have two families who are fighting just like Romeo and Juliet (the author opens up each chapter with a quote from Shakespeare) but I don't know if we will be getting the end like the two star cross lovers did as it ended with a cliff hanger only reading more will tell.

On to the characters.

So Rose she is this girl who has a dark power she doesn't truly like to use and heck I don't blame her. She isn't very rebellious and even though she questions her mother and sometimes doesn't agree with her decisions she never truly gets into her face questioning. top it off she is a virgin which is not a bad thing at all. Not only that she meets this guy named Derek, and they kind of hit it off. But then they started messing around sexual or at least as far as Rose wants to because she doesn't want to hurt him and that I can understand. Throw in there that she is a virgin who ends up turning into enjoy the whole sexual thing a bit too much was a whoa moment for me. But it seemed their jumping into the sex scene together was pretty quick and it didn't seem to be like the Rose I first started reading about. Of course we see Rose struggle with wanting to tell Derek her secret to wanting to keep quiet. 

Ocean, I have to say I really like her. Not only because of her name, but because she is the live life type. She is Rose's best friend and tries to get Rose to open up a whole lot more. There isn't much of Ocean within the story but enough to where you can remember who she is.

Derek, is the guy who is on the road and only comes home when his family needs him. He planned on staying just for a while but then Rose gets into his system. And he has to decide what he wants to do. He is a guy in love and you can tell by the gestures that he gives Rose. He also has a secret that he wants to tell Rose. It seems to be a lot of darn secrets that these two are harboring.

 Rose's mother. There is just something about her and we get just enough of her in the book that we can all tell the woman is evil. She seems to be just for the coven and not her daughter, and she truly seems to harbor hate for the wolves that end up attacking them. But of course this was never truly brought up and I can only hope that later on we get an answer as to why.

Of course we have a few characters who are minor but end up playing some type of role but we don't get enough of them to truly understand them. 

Overall a decent story and I would be getting book two and three when I can. Just know there is a major cliffhanger so if you do not like them make sure you get all the books first so you can read one right after another. Also I highly suggest that these books be read by 18 plus because of some sexual contend that is written within the story. 




Karpov Kinrade
Karpov Kinrade is the pen name for the husband and wife writing duo of bestselling, award-winning authors Kimberly Kinrade and Dmytry Karpov.
Together, they write fantasy, paranormal, mystery, contemporary and romance and hook readers into new and exciting worlds that will leave you laughing your ass off, crying your heart out and falling in love.
Look for more from Karpov Kinrade in the Kiss Me series, Seduced Saga, the Forbidden Trilogy and more coming soon.
They live with three little girls who think they’re ninja princesses with super powers and who are also showing a propensity for telling tall tales and using the written word to weave stories of wonder and magic.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White