Review: The 100 (The Hundred #1) by Kass Morgan

17332969
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.
Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.



I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

So a friend of mine read and reviewed this book and I didn't read her review but I saw that she read it so I figured you know what I am going to see if I could get a chance to read this book as well.

I really enjoyed the book. Though I did have a problem with the way Earth was not truly described as I expected it to be. 
I figured people who have never ever been on the planet Earth would at least really start describing how Earth looks, what it smells like, but that really didn't happen.

So we all know that The 100 was made into a TV show and I have been watching it, and the show is a whole lot different than the book is. Which I think is pretty awesome. I normally like a show and a book to go hand in hand, but since this one didn't it was okay.

We have 4 different POV's and I know that sometimes it is hard to keep up with who is who when you happen to have that many people telling what is going on through their eyes. I have to say I was not confused at all. It was actually nice to read from different people and see what they want through on the ship before they came to Earth and then when they came here.

The reason these 100 are coming to Earth is kind of like an experiment to see if Earth is livable pretty much there are too many people living in space on the ship that life is going to slowly dwell down. 

There is a lot of romance within the book no not the whole sex scene or anything. But kissing and I have feelings for him and we are in love. It does go on a bit but nothing that really made me go GAG! I am done. 

With each chapter we learn about Clarke, who is was on the ship and later on how and why she got put into confinement. Which I have to say was total b.s. But I like Clarke, you can tell she has feelings and cares for those around her and she seems to be pretty smart.
Next we have Wells who is the chancellor's son and his reason into getting into confinement is all because of a girl. And even though I can understand why he wanted to be with this girl I didn't think what he did to make her mad at him was cool. 
Then we have Bellamy who is the guy that is a tough bad boy but underneath it all you can tell he has a huge heart. Especially for his sister that we get to learn about within this story but she doesn't get her own chapter. To me Bellamy and his sister are different within the story than they are on the show which I have to say is a nice little twist for me.
Last but not least is Glass. This is a girl I don't remember on the show, so when I started reading about her I was like okay new character pretty cool. Let's see what her back story is. I have to say I felt really bad for Glass as well. This is a young girl in love and was willing to be heartbroken forever just so the one she loves wouldn't be in trouble.

I am excited to read more about these group of kids. I mean they have lived on a ship their whole life and then to top it off have been in confinement because of some of the laws that are just stupid. So to follow their journey on Earth I can't wait to read and see if they will survive, will those that are on the ship be able to come down and live with them? Do the kids even want them to? Who is going to make it and who will not?
 The author has done a great job with story telling and I plan on reading book two to find out some of those answers that I have questions to.







Kass Morgan
Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels. Kass is currently working on the sequel to The 100, which she’ll finish as soon as she finds a coffee shop that allows laptops on the weekend.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016