Review: Alone At Midnight: Scott Zavoda




Randy Bivins gets a shocking phone call two days before Christmas. The stranger says he stole his Christmas tree. What Randy discovers is maybe a tradition worth dying for. "Oh Christmas Tree"
A simple fishing trip turns deadly for Danny and his disabled brother,
Bobby. A gut-wrenching tale of two young brothers who will do anything
for a day away from their abusive father and the constant bullying at
school. But a wheelchair with a history might change everything.
"Bobby"
Now that surfing, dating, and every aspect of a California retirement are off limits, he paints and pretends the beach isn't so close. But traces of sand are showing up again in this Vietnam Vet's house and that can only mean one thing. "Beneath the Sand"
Trapped in a morbid, bloody, decaying land, the hot breath of his pursuer lathers his neck. Jimmy wants to believe he doesn't know where he is, but he can't. "Castle Point"
Henry Conroy pilots a Navajo across the stormy Midwest with a coffin in the back. He knows the faster he gets there, the sooner that scratching sound will stop. "Fright Flight"
Flowers for Mom and The Calling are two more stories with an evil twist.
These are more than just horror stories. They are filled with character, emotion, and have a way of sticking inside your heart for a long time to come.

I received this book to give an honest review. 4.5 rating
Would I truly classify this as horror not really for me. I would say more like some horror without the gory parts but it felt more like ghost stories. 
I pretty much enjoyed all of them but there were two that I just didn't get the awesome vibe from even though they were good hence why I gave the book a 4.5.
Each short story written had their own touch of darkness to it along with something that either happened to the author, or a dream and I thought it was amazing how the author elaborated  and brought the story to life. I think the one that touched me and I was like how can people do this was the story of Bobby. He is confined into a wheelchair and the kids at school what they did just was like wow! 

I think this is a good collection of stories for everyone. This is a book that you can really read in one sitting and I would say with the lights on or off what ever you prefer! 






Image of Scott Zavoda
I was born in Cleveland Ohio, tried to move away twice but the city kept sucking me back in. So here I am, family of four, an unbelievably motivating wife, and two lovely girls.
I used to hide Dean Koontz and Stephen King books inside my school text books . . . nobody knew or stopped me or said a teenager shouldn't read those things. I earned a D in English two consecutive years and nearly flunked a subject they used to teach called handwriting. And now I write. Can you believe it?
But people always loved my stories. In fourth grade they begged me to read one I'd written for a class assignment but I was too bashful to do it. I got The Young Authors Award in Elementary school for something I'd written, though I really didn't' care. I was just doing the stupid assignment.

https://www.facebook.com/ScottZavoda.Author









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White