Review: Shadow's Dangers (The Last Hope Book #1) by Cindy Mezni

20513602
Losing a loved one is never easy. Although Deliah learned to live without her parents when fate took them from her as a young girl, history repeats itself and causes her to face even greater challenges when Tess, the woman who raised her and was like a second mother to her, passes away. But even worse than dealing with her loss is the coinciding arrival of inexplicable nightmares that haunt Deliah’s nights.

She becomes consumed with images she didn’t understand and a recurrent dream about her parents’ car accident. Oddly, this dream details different versions from what she had always been told about the accident.

But when a new family, The Wates, arrive in town and begin to pay close attention to her, even stranger events follow. Now, Deliah must not only face her nightmares, but the possibility that a world she never suspected exists. And this world may cost her everything.

I received this book to give an honest review.

So at times I was a bit confused as to what exactly was going on within the story. Deliah is a teenage girl who has had tragedy hit her when she was young only to have the person that ended up raising her dye on her later on. So I could feel the emotion that Deliah was going through. On that note, Deliah's sister hates her and I felt as though the author could have elaborated more on this.  We get a bit of why there is a hostility between the girls but you don't get the core of why her sister is just plain rude and mean to her. It seem to take forever to figure out all what was going on with Deliah and what the Wates had to do with anything. They wanted to give her information but couldn't, now I don't like to have all information up front but I do like to have clues dropped more than what was dropped within this story.

Deliah is the girl that is the talk of the town even though she doesn't want to be. So when three new students come to school and befriend Deliah she isn't sure why. But that is when her whole world goes upside down. She is seeing wolfs or dogs, not sure what you want to call them, and crows. She has dreams that feel so real that at times she feels as though she is losing her mind and I don't blame her.

The three siblings are something different and I really didn't truly understand what they were exactly. You have Leighton who is just this chippy person, that at times I wanted to be like calm it down sister! Travis who is dark and gives off this bad boy persona, and Garreth who seems to be a good guy all around and wants to protect Deliah from the evil that will be coming for her sooner or later.

This is a long book there is crushes, paranormal, action and a bit more. Decent read, I do believe I would read book two as I want to know more about the world the Wates are from, and will Deliah fulfill what she is suppose to.






Cindy MezniI write YA paranormal romance, YA dystopia and adult dark fantasy.

My book series are The Last Hope, Nëphyr and Poisoned Iris.
I'm addicted to reading and writing.

Some random facts about me: I love watching TV shows and movies, having fun with my friends, rambling about fictional characters with people who love books like me, listening to music (especially movie soundtracks), traveling, fangirling with my friends about Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston, world-building for my books and talking with my readers.
So if you read one of my book, feel free to send me an email or a PM here.
xoxo C.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016