Review: The Hand That Feeds by Michael W. Garza

18392902
How far will a parent go to keep their child alive?
John and Angela Mason’s lives are brought to a tormenting halt when their ten year old son is reduced to a lifeless shell. John watches his wife slip into madness as his son rises from the dead. He realizes they must escape the terrifying infection in order to survive but how can he choose between the insanity consuming his wife and the undying hunger of his son.
An appetite for death will come in one form or another and it will be left to John to decide on the hand that feeds.


You know when you read a title of a book and you see the cover and you are just like yep gotta add this book to my collection?
That was me. I saw the title and the cover and it drew me in and that I didn't even read the blurb. Now I know this author wrote zombie stories so I was sure this was going to be about zombies and I was not wrong. The only thing that bothered me about the book, and I am sure the author didn't want to put it in there is the fact that I don't know how the zombie apocalypse started. When I read about zombies I always like to know how did it happen was it airborne? Was it in the food, water? What? But I was able to overlook that and the story was able to capture me in from the first page.

We meet Alex who is a little boy and ends up sick pretty much but his parents have no clue what is going on. And that is when we notice that John's wife is not all there in the head, she is determine to have her son live no matter the cost of those around her. There is mayhem, murder, manipulation all wrapped up in this story that has you asking yourself the question how far would you go to keep your child living? 
There are unspeakable acts that happen and I have to say it was AWESOME!!!! Now this story takes place with one family and their household, which is refreshing to read about but you do read about the outbreak later on happening and you will know who caused it. 

Now on the ending I kept truly wondering when it was going to happen because the tension was tottering on the edge and who I expected to live surprised me a bit. If you are looking for a zombie story that focuses on a family that is going through the apocalypse and what they will do no matter the cost then I say pick up this book. There is gore and murder but what would you expect from a zombie story!









Michael W. Garza
Michael W. Garza often finds himself wondering where his inspiration will come from next and in what form his imagination will bring it to life. The outcomes regularly surprise him and it's always his ambition to amaze those curious enough to follow him and take in those results. He encourages readers to peek at his latest work as well as the material he's published in the past. He sincerely hopes that everyone will find something that astonishes, surprises, or simply scares the heck out of you. 
www.mwgarza.comfacebook.com/mwgarzatwitter.com/@mwgarza 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White