Review: Perverse by Larry Rodness

17227210
19 year old Emylene Stipe, a 2nd generation Goth, is shaken to the core when her make-believe world turns out to be real.



I received this book to give an honest review.

This is one of those books that you do not want to judge the cover of the book. This was a very different book for me to read as far as it deals with people taking on the life style of being goth. Which I don't believe I have read in a book before. 
I enjoyed how the author used a lot of character building and used names that I have never heard before. Like Laszlo and Emylene. Now with the main character Emylene her name kept throwing me off so I ended up naming her Emily in my head.
The story line was very different and that is something I enjoyed.  We follow Emylene in her quest to rebel and branch out from under her parents. And then the real story begins. She is known as the Goth Princess because of her parents status within the Goth community.
While Emylene is doing her own thing she comes across a picture and that is when all the things in her life go upside down! Things that she never thought to be real are real. She meets Laszlo  later on in the story and he plays a big part and needs her help. I wished he would have taught Emylene how to fight. Though there is a little action I felt as though there could have been more. Especially because they are dealing with the supernatural. It was constantly "run." The girl has got to learn how to defend herself. But I guess with not as much action written within the story there was no need. 
I did like how you get Laszlo's back story and then the person who caused this whole thing his story as well. 

Now Emylene I got that she is a young adult, but the arguments that she had with her mother just didn't feel real to me. I know that sounds super silly but I couldn't connect with the arguments that they had. 

Overall a great read that I truly enjoyed, the ending  and I actually had to flip the page to make sure I read it correctly. It was a ending I really didn't expect especially have the scene in the club. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016