Review: End of Dreams (The Immortal Destiny #1) by Kim Faulks

18221072
A vicious killer hunts a young pregnant woman. He wants more than her blood--he wants her baby too.

Young Eve dreams of being a good mother to her unborn son, that dream is shattered when child killer, Edric Hasting finds her in the middle of the night.
Haunted by the images of black wings on her baby’s ultrasound and the killers last words Eve knows her only hope of survival is to run.

She soon finds hard-bitten detective Adley Scott who dreams of justice for a string of murdered children which hit too close to home.

A group of Immortals are drawn into Eve’s battle for survival as events are played out across the globe by two opposing factions of immortal beings.

The fragile, divine balance of all things is at stake, and the world is the ultimate prize.
Against a background of universe-changing events and an ensemble of vivid, unforgettable characters, Eve and Adley will have to fight to survive as they begin to learn the truth of The Immortal Destiny.


I received this book to give an honest review. *May CONTAIN SPOILERS*
You know when you start reading the first page of a book and you are like hot damn I just know this book is going to be good. Well this was one of those books. As soon as I read the first page I was all ready engaged into the story and did not want to put it down. 
You get first introduced to an evil character Edric and let me say what he did was sadistic. Then you move to the next character Eve and you get a piece of who she is. And that is how this whole story starts. You go back and forth between characters for the chapters and the author did a wonderful job weaving the story with each character.

The author brings the supernatural into the mix and it just seems to help the story take off even more. You have the immortals who have a job to do and it all deals with a baby being born. But there are the evil forces at foot who want this baby for their own evil plot. 
I really enjoyed reading Eve she seemed like a very strong character who would do anything for her child. There is plenty of action and I loved it all! 

Now the only reason I am giving this book a 4 wine glass rating and not a solid 5 like I hoped is because there is a part where Eve meets Adley. They are hanging around together and Eve mentions early that she is like thirty-seven weeks pregnant, then later on with Adley she is a week over due. But Adley mentions something about 2 months. I got a bit confused on this piece because I wasn't sure how long her and Adley were together. I know sounds really silly but I felt the author could have elaborated more on how long time has passed with Eve and Adley being together in the car. 


A great story and the ending was just perfect for this book as to where you are not in a major cliff hanger. I can not wait to read book two as I hope it has just as much action as this one has. 










Kim Faulks
I have been an avid reader for longer than I can remember, desiring the darker, edgier works of Bram Stoker, Stephen King, Dean Koontz. I first started writing in High School giving that away when my first attempt was nothing more than dribble. I wish now that I kept at it, pursued it with a hunger that I currently possess.
Writing is my passion, it is what fuels the fires inside of me and it is an all-or-nothing furnace that keeps me up at all hours.

I am married to a wonderful supportive husband, I have 2 wonderful kids and the best friends that I have waited some 35 odd years to meet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White