Review: The Body In the Woods by April Henry

18490532
In this new series told from multiple perspectives, teen members of a search and rescue team discover a dead body in the woods.
Alexis, Nick, and Ruby have very different backgrounds: Alexis has spent her life covering for her mom’s mental illness, Nick’s bravado hides his fear of not being good enough, and Ruby just wants to pursue her eccentric interests in a world that doesn’t understand her. When the three teens join Portland County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, they are teamed up to search for a autistic man lost in the woods. What they find instead is a dead body. In a friendship that will be forged in danger, fear, and courage, the three team up to find the girl’s killer—before he can strike one of their own.
This first book in April Henry’s Point Last Seen YA mystery series is full of riveting suspense, putting readers in the middle of harrowing rescues and crime scene investigations.

I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

I enjoyed this slight mystery thriller that I would recommend it to the young teens. You join in the team of SAR with the three teenagers Nick, Ruby and Alexis. Each come from a different background. With each chapter you read from the teens point of view and the killer which was done great enough that it doesn't miss a beat.

When Nick, Ruby and Alexis are on a rescue mission to find an autistic man they come across something else that they didn't expect. But what they come across could come back and hunt them. 
I enjoyed how the author really gave us information on how SAR's works. I honestly never knew that people could volunteer and had to have so many hours. It was pretty cool information.

I really enjoyed how Ruby was so involved that she kept wanting to help the officers in their investigation and even involved Nick and Alexis on her quest to help solve the murder. And it really makes you keep an eye on your surroundings because not everyone is who they seem with suspects. 

I am hoping to read more of this authors work, because she has a great writing style and maybe we will see more Point Last Seen novels?





April Henry
I write mysteries and thrillers. I live in Portland, Oregon with my family.
If you've read one of my books, I would love to hear from you. Hearing from readers makes me eager to keep writing.
When I was 12, I sent a short story about a six-foot tall frog who loved peanut butter to Roald Dahl, the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He liked it so much he arranged to have it published in an international children's magazine.
My dream of writing went dormant until I was in my 30s, working at a corporate job, and started writing books on the side. Those first few years are now thankfully a blur. Now I'm very lucky to make a living doing what I love. I have written 13 novels for adults and teens, with more on the way. My books have gotten starred reviews, been picked for Booksense, translated into six languages, been named to state reading lists, and short-listed for the Oregon Book Award.

I also review YA literature and mysteries and thrillers for the Oregonian, and have written articles for both The Writer and Writers Digest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016