Review: The Return by Carter Vance


13455620
Thriller, suspense, action, intrigue: The Return is a story of the modern day fulfillment of the Grail prophecy.The time has come for the prophesied return of Christ. Long thought extinct, the secret Order of Knights Templar battle the Dark Forces that fear His return.At the center of this battle of good & evil are Sarah Davidson, an expectant mother with an unique heritage, & Peter Christos, her shipping magnate husband. The couple, who were married in the presence of the Ark of the Covenant, is confronted with a series of surreptitious schemes & attacks causing them to flee to seek a secure birthplace for their son.They are aided in this endeavor by the Knights Templar, a clandestine organization that has, over the centuries, amassed enormous wealth & power & the organization to deliver it in anticipation of this day.Ultimately, they engage in a grand battle for the prophesied birth.

I received this book to give an honest review. 

I am giving this book a 4 1/2 star rating. It was really good, but there was a part that didn't make me really believe this person. What happens if the Holy Grail was not a cup or something material but more of a person? How would that change things. With The Return, we follow the Templars and how they go to the ends of the Earth to protect the Holy Grail. We follow Sarah and Peter and their journey of bringing to the world someone who is very important. Now what I didn't see as believable is when Peter was told of Sarah's family history. He just seem to go with the flow and didn't ask questions. Didn't seem bothered much by it. So that was kind of hard to believe. 
I want to know who this mystery man is. He seems to be the one that is wanting to put a stop from the prophecy but you never get a name just that he is calling the shots. 
There are parts within the story that had me going wow the bad guys will stop at nothing to stop the good from proceeding with their plan because in comes Regina and let me say  you will remember who this lady is. 

But other than that the book had me captured into reading it. 
I have read on some of the reviews that it is almost like The Da Vinci Code. I wish I could say I remember exactly what the Da Vinci Code was about, but I do not think I ever finished the book. So I can not make that reference. If you like reading about prophecies  being fulfilled, evil trying to stop the good. Some bad-ass protectors. A little bit of mystery then you should pick up this book. Now mind you there is religion in this book, but it is not the kind of religious book that is being stuck down your throat. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016