Review: Evan Burl and the Falling by Justin Blaney


15848895
My father abandoned me when I was an infant.
My friends have turned against me. 
My uncle beats me.
The most powerful people in the world want me dead.
They all have one thing in common.
They think I’m turning into a monster.

I’m starting to worry they’re right.




I received this book to give an honest review.

May contain spoilers

I debated on if I should give this book a 3 star rating or a 4. I finally decided on a 3 since the book did turn out to be a decent read but there was just way to much within the story that needed to be hashed out.

When I read the blurb I imagined something totally different with the story. It was good, but at times it left me uninterested. At times I felt I was losing reality like Evan was.

I would get pulled in only to lose interest then get it back and lose it again which about drove me crazy. You follow the story of Evan who is suppose to turn into a "monster" but not your normal run of the mill monster. He has powers which will turn him evil if not taken care of by people who are suppose to kill him.

You follow through between different characters, Evan, Henri, Claire, Cevo and Anastasia. Which at times I found myself going what does this person have to do with the story. Even though later on it became clear that they all played a part it was at times confusing for me. Hence the reason I would lose interest. Going back and forth between I believe 4 different POV's it got confusing and especially with the jumping around between I want to say with the time maybe? Example: Claire and Anastasia, they seemed a bit into a different time period than Evan was at times. Maybe it was just me but that is the reading I got from it.

I would still like to know how one of the characters Anastasia became Terisma, is this something her mind formed? Or is it another personality disorder?

The action did seem to be all over the place, example. Evan would stab someone then the person would get up and leave or hide. Then come back and it was like a repeated cycle.  I would also like to know exactly what the "falling" is? I do understand that if Evan accepted his powers he would turn evil unless killed. But when he falls I did not understand where he fell to? Maybe it was left to be like that for maybe a book two in the works? I do not know.

I would say to give this book a try you may enjoy it, I thought it was decent.


And the book is free on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016