Review: Armored Hearts by Melissa Turner Lee and Pauline Creeden

Armored Hearts (Armored Hearts, #1)
When a crippled young lord rescues a girl falling from a tree, it reveals a secret about himself and his mother's side of the family that could put him at the center of a war with beings he thought only existed in fairy tales. Tristan Gareth Smyth lived his entire life stuck at home at Waverly Park, left behind while his Grandfather makes trips to London, all because of his blasted wheelchair. Then an American heiress falls in his lap, literally, and he must find a way to keep her at a distance to protect not only his secret, but everyone around him from an assassin sent to kill him.

I received this book to give an honest review.
Steampunk is not something that I have ever really truly read before. I think maybe I have read a few books and didn't realize that is what they were lol. I know pretty sad. But after I read the novella Winter Fae I just knew I had to get my hands on reading Armored Hearts and I am so glad I did. It was a wonderful read, I did have to get use to the language that a few of the characters use since they were Scottish? So can not was cannae. You are taken right into the story where Winter Fae left off. Tristian also know as Gareth lives with this grandfather and his young aunt Tabitha, he has grown up as a young boy/man who can not walk.
He has literally turned into one of those bitter old men, the one you know always has a negative outlook on things and is always rude. Even though his Aunt Tabitha treats him like nothing is wrong with him. He truly cares for her and is the only person he really is not rude to. That is until a young girl Jessamine falls into his lap at a young age. Little does he know that she is looking for him years later, that is until she gives him a small gift and says you will now know where to find me. Lets just say she has got some smooth moves on that part lol.
When Gareth caught Jessamine he discovered that he had a special ability that he never knew before. So he decides to put this ability to good use and keep an eye on the shire from thieves. But there is something more out there that wants to stop Gareth! There is a relationship that is kind of forced but you can tell there is love between the two characters even if one doesn't see it right away. I liked how it was a growing love and not just wham bam two people fall in love at first sight. Two of his servants are not all that they seem and he doesn't learn about this until later on. Gareth has a destiny that he is to fulfill. Will he do it? Will those he love be protected? Who will all learn about his ability?
There does seem to be more fae and magic involved than more steampunk, but I did like the inventions that were mentioned. Especially the ones made by Jessamine.
The authors keep you hooked and wanting to read more. I can not wait to read book two as I want to know what happens with all the characters
 
 




.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016