Review: A Destined Death by Lisa Rayns

A Destined Death

Elizabeth Tarkson has it all figured out. She has a plan. She knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. At least she does until the day she turns eighteen, and a gorgeous stranger crashes her birthday party.


But this stranger knows things about her that he shouldn’t know, and as he slowly reveals his secrets, she discovers the world she thought she understood is much larger than she'd ever imagined. She is swept into a whirlwind of secrets, death, and attraction all involving him. Will she uncover the truth about her tragic past in time? Or will she be forever bound to…


A Destined Death
I received this book to give an honest review.

I am giving this book a solid 4 stars. Even though this was a very interesting story and read. The beginning of the book up until half way through I was just really bored. You have this girl named Elizabeth who is normal until some stranger comes to her party! She never gets a name and only called him Mr. Interested. That is until two years later and he finally tells her. I did enjoy that she was writing a novel or at least trying too.  I also liked how the author put the whole reincarnation into the book, I do not think I have read a book yet that had that written into the story so that was pretty cool.

The scene in Paris I thought was picking up pretty good and, I started really getting into it at that point.

Now what bothered me a bit was the fact that she kept thinking he was a ghost!  I mean really? Your cousin saw him, he really can not be out in the sunlight. Umm Hello! That just screams he is not a ghost but another supernatural being.

Also her cousin Tina, just simply was cool with everything towards the middle end, it was like really? Okay it kind of threw me off a bit.

And the finally thing was when Candy kept using the word "Milady". I understood why it was being used and what not, but after the fifth time of reading the word I just kind of got tired of it and just would skip over whenever Candy would say it.

This author does have a really good talent with writing, and I do want to read more by her.

My Rating: 4 stars



Find the author:
 
 
 
Buy the book




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016