Review: Feeling Death by D.T. Dyllin

Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
***Genre - Erotic Paranormal Romance

Samantha Bevans is having the best sex of her life—but it's not with her husband. Fortunately for her marriage, the affair is all in her mind. Isn't it? As an empath, she senses other people's emotions. But her connection to the man with the the chiseled face and haunting eyes seems so real.

There's no time for fantasies with a serial killer loose in Pittsburgh. The killer is targeting dancers at a strip club where Samantha used to bartend, back when drugs were the only cure for the torment of her abilities. As a member of a special task force, Samantha uses her talents to sense the victims’ final thoughts. Just when she thought the case was complex enough, she discovers one of the victims was thinking about her fantasy man when she died.

Who can Samantha trust when she can’t trust her own mind? An empath feels the emotional environment around her…and Samantha is surrounded by death.
I received this book from Edelweiss to give an honest review. *May contain spoilers*
Before I even start this review let me say this. This book is for adults as there are a lot of sex scenes within the book.
But with the sex, there is also the paranormal. Sam is an empath and there are others out there like her. She learning about her powers while at the same time having fantasies of having sex with another man. While having these fantasies she also is having visions of women being murdered.
I found myself liking Sam at the beginning and then getting quite pissed off at her for hurting Nixon the way she did. To me cheating is cheating on any level, whether it is a kiss, a screw whatever. The way she truly did not take Nixon's feelings into account though the book really irked me a lot and I just felt heart broken. 
That being said, I truly enjoyed reading this book even with the repeats that happened. By repeats I mean Sam who have a vision of her and Austin having sex within a room. Then later on she learns that it really happened and it was a memory that was blocked. We get the same details that we got before, so after a way it was like okay we know what is going to happen now. So I did find myself kind of glancing over the parts.
Now I want to know when did Austin and Sam ever get married? I mean she was getting her memory back yes but never once did I read about their wedding. Unless it was a shotgun wedding.
Other than that I found this story to be a good one. I do hope there will be another book soon since there are some questions that need answers.


My Rating: 4 wine glasses






Facebook | Goodreads | Website | Twitter name @DTDyllin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016