The Orb of Truth by Brae Wyckoff



Book Trailer





The Orb of TruthSynopsis:
In the hundreds of years since the Holy City disappeared, darkness has fallen over the land. Human kingdoms have seized control of the realm, scattering the other races into hiding.

Bridazak, a skilled thief, and his friends, a Dwarf and a fellow Ordakian, have dared to remain within the human communities and live relatively quiet lives, until they discover a mysterious, magical artifact. The three friends are thrust into an adventure that will challenge their faith, their purpose, and their destiny as they chase a forgotten and lost prophecy across the realm of Ruauck-El, where they hope to discover the origins of the strange item and their place in its history.

An ancient, unknown enemy threatens the completion of their journey at every turn. Bridazak is about to face the biggest adventure of his life, one that may change the known realm, and answer the questions he has carried all his life. Will they unlock the  truth?

My Review:

I received this book from the author to give an honest review.

Where do I start with this book? It is magical, fantastic all wrapped into one!
Fantasy books like this normally take me a while to get into but The Orb of Truth had me pretty much from the first chapter. I found myself wanting to stay up a bit later than normal as so I could read more about the adventure. 
The Orb of Truth is action packed! You will encounter halflings, dwarfs, elfs, wizards, dragons! Even talking objects. There was humor at times throughout the book that had me giggling to myself. Especially towards the end with Lester and Ross and their tiny adventure. 

I have to say my favorite character though-out the book was Bridazak's best friend Dulgin. He gave me a chuckle every time he opened his mouth to say something smart-alack.  He is a dwarf filled with pizzazz and hot air at times. My truly favorite part was the action packed battle! Everyone involved gave their everything and I found myself hooked into each page wanting to see and read the outcome.

Bridazak and his friends are put on an adventure and will experience heart-ache, loss, new friends, battles against evil, and love for new people.  As they travel with The Orb of Truth (God's voice) they are all flawed but are chosen for this adventure as they will all learn a life lesson.

This book is suitable for adults and I would say young adult! If you think or you do like fantasy adventure that will in a way at times remind you of the Lord of the Rings then this book is for you. 


My Rating: 5 wine glasses







Places to find the author:

http://www.amazon.com/Brae-Wyckoff/e/B00A93R4Q6/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6420295.Brae_Wyckoff



Twitter name: @BraeWyckoff

https://www.facebook.com/jedibrae


Places to buy the book:

Amazon:

Ebook: http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Horn-King-Series-ebook/dp/B00AGIQYWO/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1357320846&sr=1-1

Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Orb-Truth-1-Brae-Wyckoff/dp/1479313262/ref=la_B00A93R4Q6_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357320846&sr=1-1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016