Mobster's Girl by Amy Rachiele

Mobster's Girl (Mobster, #1)


Synopsis:

Gripping my chest is the only way to hold myself together or what’s left of me will fall out. The past week has enlightened me on one thing-I don’t care.
Megan, Mobster’s Girl

I didn’t even hesitate. I took two strides and blasted him in the face with my fist. He was ready for it this time-unlike in church. He tried to hit me back but I ducked and smashed him again.
Antonio, Mobster’s Girl

You can’t help what family you’re born into or what lies they keep from you. You can’t help it if they mold and shape you just the way they wanted. Are monsters born or made?
Antonio and Megan have a timeless issue. They were told to stay away from each other. They try, they really do. But they are drawn to each other.

Mature Young Adult YA
underage drinking, violence, strong language

My review:

I received this book for free to give an honest review.

AMAZING! I have never read an Italian book before and I found myself at times trying to read with an Italian accent. I would have to catch myself.  I loved reading Megan and Antonio's story and what Antonio did for his father. Mobster's Girl is filled with some action not a lot, a lot of little teenage love, friendship, and drama. I was hooked from the first page, and now I want to read book two for sure as I want to know what else is going to happen. There was a surprise twist towards the end that I did not see coming which was pretty cool.

I enjoyed the style of Amy's writing especially when she would switch it up from Megan's pov to Antonio's pov.  I thought the name of the chapter titles was interesting, as it told you the Italian verb meanings.
Megan and Antonio's love will be tested on all accounts, but will stand up between the family?


Antonio's father is the mob boss and that makes him the mob bosses son. He has his eye on the fiery red head named Megan and he has been hooked on her for years! But can they ever be together? Megan's family does not want her involved and Megan knows this until one night at a party. Opposites attract!
Read the book to find out what happens next.


There were a few editing errors, but I did not pay attention as I was too engrossed in the story to really care.

My Rating: 5 Wine glasses








Where to buy the books:

Amazon:

ebook: http://www.amazon.com/Mobsters-Girl-ebook/dp/B008BNF0R6/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1358032658&sr=1-1

Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Mobsters-Girl-1-Amy-Rachiele/dp/1478206713/ref=la_B008K51MCM_1_1_title_0_main?ie=UTF8&qid=1358032658&sr=1-1


Barnes and Noble:

ebook and paperback: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mobsters-girl-amy-rachiele/1111567088?ean=9781478206712




Places to find the author:

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6150565.Amy_Rachiele

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Amy-Rachiele/e/B008K51MCM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_2

Twitter name:@amyrachiele

Website: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016