Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy

Reign of Blood (Reign of Blood, #1)
                                                                                            Copyrighted April 2012 Alexia Purdy
                                                                                            Cover Design by Stephanie Mooney
                                                                                             Edited by Michael K. Rose
                                                                                             A SIN B007YLP9YK


Synopsis:
"Never tease anything that wants to eat you. My name is April Tate and my blood is the new gold. Vampires and hybrids have overrun my world, once vibrant with life, but now a graveyard of death shrouded in shadows. I fight to survive; I fight for my mother and brother. The journey is full of turns that I am quite unprepared for. And I'm just hoping to make it to the next Vegas sunrise..."

In a post-apocalyptic world, a viral epidemic has wiped out most of the earth’s population, leaving behind few humans but untold numbers of mutated vampires. April is a seventeen-year-old girl who lives in the remains of Las Vegas one year after the outbreak. She has become a ferocious vampire killer and after her family is abducted, she goes searching for them. What she finds is a new breed of vampire, unlike any she has seen before. Unsure of whom she can trust, she discovers that her view of the world is not as black and white as she once thought, and she's willing to bend the rules to rescue her family. But in trying to save them, she may only succeed in bringing her fragile world crashing down around her.



My Review:

I received this book from the author to give an honest review.

Reign of Blood was a really great book to read, but I have to give it 4 1/2 stars. Why you may ask? Well, even though the story line was good, I felt as though it was lacking in some parts.

Reign of Blood is about a young girl, her mother and her brother who are the "only" humans left in Vegas after a outbreak hits and turns people into vampires. Now I was really intrigued by this since I love anything to do with vampires. April, her mother Helen and her younger brother Jeremy live in Vegas in a home buried in the side of a mountain.
They go out every day to find food, and to also kill vampires. They are trying to survive as best as they can in a world that no longer exists.
 Now to me the coolest thing that the author did in this book is actually use the word feral to describe some of the vampires that were around. I have not heard of this word in a book before, I have only heard it in a video game. So that impressed me.

I liked the way April did not mind going into danger to kill the feral vampires and wanted to avenge her family being taken.
Also something new which I do not think I have read before, but I might have was the relationship with the vampires that were not feral or wild. If you were mated to someone, you could leave that mate for another one. I always read that if you were mated to a vamp. you were mated forever or for life. But this time that was a new twist to me.

Now I honestly wish the author would have described a bit more as to how the outbreak occurred, was it only in Vegas or was it around the world, was it airborne? I would have also liked to have known if they ever found a cure to the outbreak and why exactly April and her family were immune. I felt as though she could have elaborated a bit more but didn't want to, that is unless she is going to come out with another book about it. I would have also liked to have known did April tell Rye about Seraphin? When April had her mom did she ever get better or stay the way she was.

Even though this was a great story I just wish there was more to it. I had a lot of unanswered questions.

My rating: 4 1/2 wine glasses.







Where to find the author Alexia Purdy:

https://www.facebook.com/alexia.purdy

Where to buy Reign of Blood:

Amazon and Barnes and Noble:
Paperback
http://www.amazon.com/Reign-Blood-Alexia-Purdy/dp/061563978X/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1345814690&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Reign+of+Blood+Paperback

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reign-of-blood-alexia-purdy/1110475909?ean=9780615639789


Kindle and Nook Version:
http://www.amazon.com/Reign-of-Blood-ebook/dp/B007YLP9YK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345814708&sr=1-1&keywords=Reign+of+Blood+Kindle

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reign-of-blood-alexia-purdy/1110475909?ean=9780615639789

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016