Between by Mary Ting (Crossroads Saga #2)

Between (Crossroads Saga, #2)




Synopsis:


As the alkins head back to Crossroads, Claudia leads her normal life; but not for long. Having a special soul, Claudia attracts danger, and she soon finds out who Gamma asked to watch over her. The Twelve, known as Divine Elders on Earth, are very much involved when they find out that Aliah, one of the God’s first angels, escaped from the Abyss when the gates were opened by Aden. Needing Claudia’s soul to escape the only place Aliah can reside–a place between Heaven and Earth–he sends his demons in search of all Claudia Emersons on Earth. Taking her soul will enable him to be released from Between and cross over to Crossroads, which would give him immense power. As more secrets are revealed Claudia learns about the venators—nephilim, demon hunters. Now two opposing forces must work together in order to save Claudia and humanity from the most dangerous angel ever created. But along the way, trust becomes a big issue. Will love be enough to keep Claudia and Michael together? Who will make the ultimate sacrifice? Who will betray them all?






My Review:


I received the ecopy of this book from the author to give an honest review! 

Between had me from the first page. When I finished Crossroads (the first book in the series) I could not wait to read Between. I was into this book. 

It has action, forbidden love, humor, heartache, suspense all the things that make a good story come to life. 
To me there were more details in this book than in book 1. But do not get me wrong, the first book was amazing, but this one took the icing on the cake for a great second book. 

Mary Ting, brings back the same characters as in book 1 Crossroads, and adds some new characters into the mix. You get to know a little about each character, and fall in love yourself.

In this book we the readers see the love blossom more between Michael and Claudia only to take its toll on them both, because they both know they can never truly be together. It is forbidden. Throw into the mix Austin who you can tell deeply cares for Claudia and then Trinity (new character) who still has love for Michael. The demons and fallen are still after Claudia's soul, which she can only give freely. This book has everything to make a book a great book. If I could give this book more than 5 stars I surely would.


My favorite character I would have to say is Davin every time he would say something in the book I would just have to chuckle to myself, he is such a funny guy and a sweetheart. 

I got a bit teary-eyed reading this book, I could not believe what was happening, even though I knew it had to happen. I felt so sad for both of the main characters, but I do hope there is a third book in this series. Because now I want to know what is going to happen to Claudia, Michael, Austin, Davin. Mary Ting you have me hooked. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016