Kindle Unlimited: Camp Slaughter by Sergio Gomez



Published: 8/27/2019
Publisher: Self
Pages: 286
Genre: Horror
Review: kindle unlimited


It’s a local legend. No one is sure if this “Camp Slaughter” place is real or not. But a group of college kids renting out a cabin deep in the woods of Pennsylvania will soon realize the truth. They’ll realize the danger, too. Or rather, the cannibal out in the woods will bring the danger to them…

So I was searching around on Kindle Unlimited and found this gem. I have to say I was highly impressed with this story, though there were some issues I had with parts. It did remind me of our 80's style slasher books and movies. Which I am, of course, a sucker for. We have a group of teenagers who want to do something fun for their last ho-rah, and what better way than partying up in the woods in a cabin. We also have two people I don't want to call ghost hunters but more legend hunters who are trying to make it on the you-tubing channel that will be up with our teenage characters. What is supposed to be a fun time becomes a massacre. It will be a fight for survival, and you have to wonder will they all make it out or will our cannibal get his fill. There is a lot of death and gore, so the reader beware. 
The issues I had with this story. Really what was the meaning of our you-tubers a part of the story? I mean, they didn't play too much of a factor. One of the characters sees her did sister, and her sister helps her? There is mention of something happening to have this sister dead, but really, what was the point of it? The characters were not fully developed to my liking, but I will stay it worked in this story. I do plan on reading more by this author.  

Born in Mexico. Raised in the 'States. I live in Philadelphia with my family, which includes 3 cats. I enjoy writing novels that evoke thrills, fears, and any strong emotions out of my readers. I'm an avid reader, a martial artist, and a Nintendo fanboy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016