Gathering Water (Gathering Water #1) by Regan Claire

22033136

Title: Gathering Water #1
Author: Regan Claire
Published: Jan. 24, 2014
Publisher: Self
Pages: 278
Genre: Teens/YA./Supernatural/Action
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


Growing up as a foster kid, there’s plenty Della Doe doesn’t know — like who her parents were and what her real name is.
On the day she ages out of the system, Della knows her constrained life will be forever changed, but she didn’t know one thin folder would be the catalyst.
Armed with her mother’s name and a tendril of hope, Della travels across country to claim an inheritance far larger than the sound-side home with her name on the deed. As she struggles to adapt to a new life, Della is pulled into an unimaginable world — one on the brink of war — and it will take everything she has not drown in a destiny she didn’t choose.


This is one of those books that I looked on my kindle to see what I had and figured let me jump right into this book. The cover is really pretty!
We are introduced to Della who has been in the system all of her life and she has aged out. Being in the foster care system has shaped her into who she is now. It is hard for her to trust fully and you can tell she is a bit feisty with folks. I already like the girl. She is already making plans on where she is going to live and work, so when she finds out she has a house and an inheritance waiting for her she is a bit scared but excited at the same time. Will she get answers to who her family is. Why they didn't want her and why they left her in the system? 
As the story unfolds we learn that Della is not normal, her family is not normal. They have a little something-something about them that is considered a secret. As the story unfolds it seems that Della is very powerful and for some folks that is scary. This was a new storyline for me as I have never heard of Gathering, Tempering, combining the elements. The author did a great job with Cash and Della being cousins and the banter back and forth. We see just how powerful Della might actually be and I want to read more in this series to see where it goes. To me, the book didn't end on a cliffhanger so to speak but you know there is more to this story! 
As everything starts to unfold I was a bit surprised at who Della's father was, I honestly wasn't expecting that. Nice twist there Mrs. Claire.
Now Cash had me laughing quite a bit throughout the story. There was one part that I was like man I know someone who would tell me this same thing.

"Well, I'm moving too. I can either get one of the extra bedrooms or camp out on the lawn. Your choice. Just might not be the best way to get along with your neighbors if all my stuff is just sitting in your front yard." 
Great fantasy book!





Regan Claire

A Tidewater girl born and bred, Regan Claire’s first friend and love was the Atlantic. Growing up being told legends about pirates and American Natives common in coastal VA and NC, coupled with being an only child, did wonders for her imagination; she’s had one foot in fantasy-land ever since, a trait her closest friends heroically endure (and one she secretly hopes her two daughters have inherited). She moved inland to Nashville when she was entering tweenhood, and not a day goes by that she doesn’t miss her childhood playmate and it’s crashing waves. Nashville has her perks though, and Regan’s proud to be raising her children in Music City. She loves fairy tales, teen movies, and is constantly late.

Feel free to email me at: ReganClaire.feedback@gmail.com, or visit my website at www.reganclaire.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016