Review: Morale Was Down by Evan Ronan

23440834
You arrive at the office thinking this will be just another soul-sucking Monday. But you're wrong.

Someone stole a Stromboli out of the office refrigerator. Your boss thinks this latest theft is part of a larger series of intraoffice crime. It's bad for morale.

She gives you until COB to solve the mystery. But you have no idea what you're doing, and besides, it's Monday of all days.

Morale Was Down is a comedic short story, approximately 11,000 words, about the pure, unadulterated absurdity of office life told in the second person.



I received this book to give an honest review.

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I started this book. It was a bit funny. I think what got me is on the cover of this book the author says do not give me a one star rating because you though you were buying a full novel. As soon as I saw that I died laughing. 

With Morale was down, you have this normal guy who works in an office. When he gets to work on a Monday morning he sees a note on the fridge mentioning someone taking some Stromboli. When he gets a call from his boss he is to find out who has been taking food by the end of the business day.
It is all a mystery until the very end of who took it. But we never find out who has taken the other food items. A bit funny as I wonder does things like this happen in an office? 








Evan Ronan
I write thrillers. I've studied the masters and hopefully I've learned a few things from them.

Ideas are never in short-supply. Time and talent (or lack thereof) are my only constraints.
My stories don't always fit neatly into categories, but that's what readers seem to like about them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016