Review: Time of Death: Asylum (Time of Death Book #2) by Shana Festa

22711078
Surviving the journey is just the beginning.

The last two months have brought nothing but death and destruction for Emma Rossi. She survived the initial zombie outbreak with her husband, Jake, and their dog, Daphne, but the cost was steep: Sanibel has fallen.
In a world where the only constant is change, the group is pushed to their limits before reaching the gates of Asylum, a coastal stronghold in Sarasota, Florida.

Once again, Emma must navigate an apocalyptic wasteland filled with relentless hordes of the undead and other menacing horrors that threaten her survival.

Only thing is certain. No one is safe from what lurks on either side of Asylum's gates. Asylum may offer more than just safety.

Sanity will be tested; and many won't live to tell the tale.


I received this book to give an honest review.
Let me start of saying that this cover is BADASS! If I was to walk into a store and saw this cover I would pick it up without even glancing at the blurb. 

Anyway on to the review, would it be weird as a reviewer to say that I love this author? Literally I love the way her mind works and she can put it all out in an awesome story. I am torn on if I loved book one more or book two more maybe I love them the same. There are more than one laugh out loud moments. Below is one of my favorites.
"Not an option. I'm prairie dogging. Not to mention, how big of a tool would I look if I walked in squeezing my cheeks together and just asked to use their toilet." 

With Asylum we pick up right where book one left off. Emma has her husband Jake back, she has her sister in law and brother in law, add into the mix Daphne. Yes the trusty, yapping dog who loves to leave surprise nuggets! 
The group is still living on the boat after they had to leave the island they were on because of an outbreak. I will never once in my life fully understand why if you get bitten by a damn zombie before you turn you come back to the safe haven. You got to know you will be munching on your love ones. 
While drifting along they all start to wonder what they are going to do when supplies start running out, and they come across another boat how awesome right? Yeah we all know how this goes down like always, fast forward to now they have to book it by foot. They come across other survivors which we all know is far and in between. And they get to meet new characters, and lose some. This is where we learn of Asylum. It is a safe haven for all to come but it is mentioned on more than one occasion you have to pretty much pull your weight within the community. Sorry but to me this already sends out red flags to me. 
We watch how Emma, Meg, and Jake go through so much and one tragic event causes Jake to treat Emma like crap and I loved how she decided she was going to put him in place. It was something he needed after all they have been though.
I have to say I think the zombies are starting to act different and not in a good way. Something and it may be nothing is going on with them. Hope they are not evolving how crazy would that be. 

This author has a way of adding humor, into the gore and the depression that these characters are going through that you can't help but to laugh, want to cry and go oh snap I didn't see that coming. 

If you need a zombie book to read, I say get your copy of these two books. You can not and will not be disappointed. 

The only bad thing I can say about this book is that it ended. I was so ready for more after reading the ending, now I just have to found out when book three will be coming out.

Shana, keep doing what you are doing and writing awesome, amazeballs, ass-kicking, humor filled zombie stories. 







Shana Festa


Shana Festa was born in Lincoln, Nebraska on October 17, 1976 and grew up in Northboro, Massachusetts. She currently lives in Cape Coral, Florida with her husband and two dogs, Daphne & Casey.
Shana is a registered nurse with clinical experience in mental health, geriatrics, HIV and substance abuse. In addition to her clinical background, Shana possesses over 15 years of experience with project management and data analytics.
She has been heavily involved in the collection and dissemination of the ICD-10 clinical and coding analytics across multiple projects including the NCHICA ICD-10 Pilot, the HIMSS WEDI ICD-10 Pilot and commercial testing programs.
Under her alter ego, The Bookie Monster, Shana reviews horror and paranormal books, with an emphasis on (but not limited to) zombie fiction. With a background in Psych Nursing, Shay brings her unique perspective to the online reading community.
Introducing her own zompoc story to the genre, Shana’s debut novel, Time of Death, is the first in a planned trilogy and is scheduled for release May, 2014.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016