Review: British Words to Have Fun With: Part One by Lavinia Urban

23555735
There are many words that have complete different meanings in other countries.

Take the words Fanny Pack or Nosh. I giggle like a naughty school girl when I hear these words.

Then there is the whole thing of..... What is a Spotted Dick?
Well why not find out in this short read that I wrote as though I were sitting down talking to friends.



I received this book to give an honest review.
I have to say I love that Lavinia wrote this. I was one of those people that had a conversation with her about words and what they meant in the UK. I found myself laughing at times at some of the words that were different from the U.S. I am so glad she wrote this book so that way people who want to learn a few new words that are said in the UK can.

The way the author wrote this book is not in a dictionary type form but more of a relax form. She gives some of her experiences with some words that she has used and had to get use to the meaning of them while living in a new town with her family. She also gives meaning to what each word means so you are just not left with a word like cods wallop. 







Lavinia Urban
Lavinia originally grew up in Cheshire and now lives in a small village just outside of Edinburgh with her husband and two daughters.
Writing has always been something that Lavinia have loved since an early age but it wasn't until 2010 when the idea came to her to write Erin the Fire Goddess.
Lavinia chose to name the main character and her sister after her two daughters, who inspire Lavinia to write every day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White