Review: Blood in the Past (Blood for Blood 0.5) by Jordanna East

18043577
Ten Years Ago.

Jillian Atford falls for an older man, a handsome Philadelphia cop, whose mystery is that he's married, a reality Jillian refuses to accept. Lyla Kyle finds her mother dead on the floor from an apparent suicide. She blames her philandering father and wastes no time taking her revenge. Detective Jason Brighthouse Sr is in the wrong place at the right time to attempt to save a colleague from his burning home. When neither of them make it out alive, his teenage son can only harp on their last argument. He shoots himself in the head...with his father's gun.
Three lives. Three deaths. One story.
To understand the future, you must visit the past. The Blood in the Past: an introductory novella to the upcoming Blood for Blood Series, coming Winter 2013.


 I received this book to give an honest review.


Hot dang there is a whole bunch of killing and by killing I mean like four people but still if it is more than one it is a lot. Not only that you got some psycho people in this story. I liked the setting involved around this story. I was a little bit worried about Jillian at first being as she seems cold and there wasn't a lot of background to her. But being as I see this is book 0.5 this is how everything has started is what my take is on it. And I have to say after reading Blood In the Past I am intrigued to start reading the other books in this series. I want to know more about Jillian, I want to know more about Lyla and how far will she be going with her hatred.
All the characters are related in some way and I think that is pretty darn awesome, which in turn you also get these three characters P.O.V.'s and it is easy to distinguish who is who so there is no getting confused.  
The characters were well written and believable in their actions. Even though this was a novella, it didn't quite leave you hanging at the end. It gave you just enough to satisfy until you can read more.  I will be keeping my eye on this author.






Jordanna East
Jordanna East confesses she started writing a novel one day when she was broke and unemployed. Her cable had been turned off. SHE WAS BORED. So she sat down on her bed and started writing...and she hasn't stopped. Though, now she has cable and writes her Psychological Thrillers at an actual desk.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016