Review: Exiled: Kenly's Story (A Talented Novel) by Sophie Davis

22324971
Kenly Baker is alone. TOXIC has been defeated. Her friends from the McDonough School for the Talented are scattered to the wind. Even Kenly’s only living family member cannot hide the scared teenager from those who wish to contain her. Because Kenly is one of the Created.
For her, it’s a future worse than death.
She travels across the Atlantic Ocean, to the slums of London. There, Kenly finds tentative acceptance among a group of outcasts. They have spent their enire lives dodging shadows, barely staying alive. Kenly thought she knew what horrors haunt the night, but her new companions reveal predators far more alarming than anything she’s ever faced. Suddenly, she is brutally aware of the dark side of humanity.
Kenly’s biggest concern was the UNITED trackers, who round up and capture the Created. But there are adversaries in this new world who are far more terrifying. And unfortunately for Kenly, now their sites are set on the Created.
''

I received this book to give an honest review.
So when when I was offered this book I knew I had to read it. I have enjoyed all the Talented books. The story line and the characters are just awesome.
I started reading and the first thing that came to my mind was umm who is Kenly? I kept racking my brain as to who this character was. And finally within the story I got my answer. She was the protege of Talia.
With Exiled we follow Kenly and how is she on the run from UNITED. If you remember from before Talia and Erik took down the director and TOXIC went offline. With the previous stories I got the feeling that the talented and the created were only in America. But no it is worldwide! And Kenly is in London where it seems all of it had begun or at least that is my thought on how I read it.
Kenly has been alone for a while and so when she meets up with other talented people which was by mistake everything becomes a whirl wind as soon as Kenly uses her powers.
There are poachers which are people who hunt the talented and the created and Kenly is on their radar.

The other talented people who have taken her under their protection seem pretty cool. You have Jason who of course has had a bad past which makes him a bit of a butt. But what do you expect with someone who has been on his own for a very long time.
Willa who works in the Tug pub with her father and has been keeping an eye on Kenly since she came into the pub.
Riley who is Willa's boyfriend.
Then you have Honora who seems to be a very quiet person.

Now at first the book is kind of dullish. By that I mean you are getting to where Kenly is on the run we hear how she is reliving her past. She doesn't understand why Talia and Erik let her go. And the hatred she had for Talia become a bit too much for me. I understand the reason she started to hate Talia but hearing it over and over kind of turned me off on liking Kenly fully. But as soon as Kenly uses her powers that is when the action within the story picks up and you start getting into the story.
Kenly and James end up finding themselves in trouble and you gotta wonder who is going to save them? Will they have a relationship? What is going to happen to the Talented and Created with them becoming the hunted!

You looking for a new series? If so then get your hands on the Talented series. You will not be disappointed at all.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016