Review: Rare Earth by Colin P. Smith

22295728
This is an expose' of the global industry which kills animals for their horns, ivory and other body parts. It is a shocking revelation of mans greed, ignorance and callous disregard for defenseless animals and fellow human beings. It explores the industrial scale of the trade in animal parts, from the top men down to the poachers on the ground. It reveals how the poached items are secretly moved from one country to another. It also discusses how ineffectual current methods are at preventing this vile trade and reveals novel ways by which mans revolting obsession for these materials could be stopped for ever, through the use of applied science and innovation. Warning; Some readers may find parts of the book to be upsetting as it graphically illustrates the cruel methods used by poachers to harvest ivory. Sadly, the reality is far worse than described in these pages.


I received this book to give an honest review.
Honestly I don't even know where to start this review at. Not for the faint of heart. This book is one of those books that just makes you sick to your stomach at what people will do to animals. I found myself at times wanting to break down and shed a few tears at the way that these poachers did what they did. When I was told about the so called delicacies that they ate literally my stomach hurled. This story is raw, and opens your eyes to the black market of selling ivory and animal parts. 
This is a short story, it wasn't as long as I did hope it to be. But it had such a huge impact on the way the story was being told that I just had to give this book a 5 star rating. I think this is the first book I have ever read that opens my eyes to the brutality of hunting animals in a sadistic way. 

Now we follow Adam who grew up with his father being a game warden, and we know how hard of a job they have trying to protect animals that are being poached. 
Adam has become this big successful business man that wants to try to put a stop to the trade, and he will go as far as his body will take him. To me he wasn't as strong of a character I guess I would have expected but he has the brains to try to stop these ruthless people. How he did it I was literally amazed.
Very powerful book that I would recommend you read but know that if you are disturbed by animal cruelty than beware. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016