Review: Fat Chance (The Kingsley Series, #1) by Brandi Kennedy

17281759
Meet Cassaundra Keaton, an adult orphan raised in the foster system. She's overweight and struggling to survive in a world that makes her feel like she can never fit in. Follow her journey as she learns to trust and love herself, and watch her grow as she finds love. But will an issue from her past rise up to ruin her new life?


I was really weary on reading this book as it really is out of my normal genre of books. And I was glad I did give this a try. I would class this in a genre of contemporary romance. 
When I first started reading and I met the character Cassaundra she did nothing but beat herself up it seemed. And I started second guessing myself, thinking okay honestly I can't read a book where the main character is always talking down on herself or that she isn't this pretty woman. I started feeling a bit depressed. 
But I stuck with the book and I was glad I did. There is a reason that she looks down on herself,  and it has something to do with someone very, very close to her. Which when she starts seeing a therapist this all comes out.  You follow Cassaundra  through her journey of learning how to love herself and change what she wants to change. I really enjoyed how Cassaundra was able to build herself up and meets a special guy named Drew! For an older man he had me swooning over him especially with him being a cop. He never looked down on Cassaundra he always tried to build her up and get her to see within herself what he saw in her. And I believe that is what she truly needed! The way that Drew and Cassaundra could both just joke with each other and the small little pick up lines Drew used had me in fits of giggles. It was like they were almost teenagers at times. 

Cassaundra has a lot of self-esteem demons and I know a lot of people can probably relate to her which I think is just amazing. I think the author did a terrific job at making Cassaundra as human as possible to where a lot of people could say oh wow this is me, or this use to be me. 
The ending was an oh wow and I loved it. 

I really enjoyed Cassaundra's adopted sisters Chelsea and Renee. I mean they were just awesome all around  very supportive, protective and always there for Cassaundra, I believe she found the perfect family for herself. 
Brandi is a new author for me and I plan on reading more by her. 





Brandi Kennedy
Brandi Kennedy is a freelance writer, novelist and poet. A woman of varied interests, she loves photography, music of all kinds, knitting, crochet, and of course, mothering her two young daughters. Currently, she finds her home in the heart of Knoxville, Tennessee, among the mountains and the members of her extended family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016