Review: Blood of Kaos by J.D. Miller

17341347
In one night, Etain is torn from a world of childish innocence to be plunged into a realm of deadly chaos. Forced to run for her life, she stumbles into the realm of the Alamir, human warriors infused with powerful magic who defend the delicate balance between good and evil. But not even the Alamir can protect her from the Bok’Na’Ra pursuer that murdered her family.
Lord Darknight and Midir, raised as brothers, are the light and the dark of a single soul, split apart by ancient priests when but a child. Midir has known of Etain’s existence most of her life and has conspired to possess the power she holds, power that will give him reign over the evil Bok’Na’Ra, nemesis of the Alamir. Lord Darknight, Dar to those closest to him, unaware of her existence, rescues the young woman after a violent clan battle which proves to be a pivotal moment in both their lives. His charge as a Krymerian mandates he protect and train her in the ways of a warrior however soon realizes their connection runs much deeper than teacher to student.
Old friends reunite and unexpected alliances are forged as Midir’s thirst for power escalates. It will take the courage of an Alamir, combined with the strength of a Krymerian, to battle the dark brother’s rising influence over the Bok’Na’Ra while, at the same time, will test a passionate bond too powerful to ignore.


I received this book to give an honest review. 
I thought the story was decent, but it was not holding me to the book like I hoped after reading the blurb. There was not a lot of action like I was hoping for. I figured Dar and his brother Midir would have totally had a lot of fight scenes but that was not the case. The time frame at times confused me at times with the two worlds. And I didn't really get the concept of it all until I want to say mid-point of the book. It felt weird reading about swords and then up pops a hummer being mentioned within the story. I know silly but it kind of threw me off. 
For me the book finally got my attention probably around page 100 or so. 
That is when we really see Dar want to fight for what is his. There was one part when Midir revels something that I was like OH WOW! Totally didn't see that coming. 

I really enjoyed the first person writing as you could get a feel about what was being told. Now there were relationships within the story that I wanted more back story. Like those that knew Etain and took care of her like family. I felt as though this story was missing that. Overall decent read. I would say it was quick but it took me over a week to even finish the book. Now the ending has me wondering if maybe there is another book coming out?






J.D.  Miller
About Me – I’m just a little ole Texan living in the motherland – England – with my English husband. I moved here about 3-1/2 years ago leaving all my family & friends back in Texas – parents, brother, 2 daughters, 1 son, 1 talented grandson & 1 gorgeous granddaughter. But, on the bright side, I resumed my writing which had been put on hold for far too long.

Blood of Kaos was the first. I have learned a lot on this path and my style has changed immensely along the way. I hope that whatever I write you will always enjoy.
DreamReaper, the second in the Blood of Kaos series, is currently in the editing process. I'm hoping for an early 2015 release. Check it out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White