Review: Secrets of Shadow Hill Always and Forever by S.P. Cervantes

Secrets of Shadow Hill: Always and Forever (Book 1)
This is an Young Adult Fantasy Novel

Twin sisters Ava and Hannah were ripped from their peaceful seeming lives into a whirlwind of attacks and war only to learn the real truth about their existence.

Nothing was as it seemed anymore and may never be again. They had already lost their father in childhood now they have to cope with their mother’s kidnapping as they watch those sworn to protect them risk their lives.


I received this book to give an honest review. Over all it was a great book to read, and I would have given it a solid 5 stars. But there was way to many errors as far as apostrophe that should have been put into place. I am not grammatical queen and I mess up a lot but I just felt that this was for sure one thing that could have been caught. Now the story line was decent I felt it was more on the Harry Potter side of things, such as the wizards fighting and them being able to fly (thank goodness not on broom sticks). Also the way now this is a spoiler alert. Ava and her sister fought one of the wizards and the way the author wrote out the scene totally made me thing of the last movie with Harry Potter and Voldemort. I did like the romance see between Dalton and Ava I thought it was sweet and not rushed at all.
I would have liked to have read more of the way they practiced as it seemed that practiced one day and then they were there all summer, and then they practiced again and then it was the battle. Did they learn any more spells? I mean yeah they are powerful and chosen but I mean you have to come into your power. Now the fighting scene with Ava and her sister was pretty cool I have to admit that.
Overall this was a decent read and I may read another book by this author. I did enjoy the book but again I felt as though it was too much like Harry Potter.




My Rating: 4 wine glasses






Buy the book:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble


Where to find the author:

Amazon | WebsiteGoodreads | Twitter name: @secretsofshadowhill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White