INTERVIEW TIME WITH MICHELLE TURNER OF REVIVING BLOOM!
THERE IS ALSO A GIVEAWAY SO SCROLL ON DOWN AFTER THE INTERVIEW.
1. What are 3 things that will not be found on the internet about you?
My weight (no-one other than me and my doctor need to know that), my first pet’s name (most common security question so I’m not gonna share that with y’all), my exact address ( if you don’t already know it, then you don’t need to know it.)
2. What are 3 things that you need to get your morning going?
The snooze button to shake off the last little bit of sleep, my tooth brush and a cold drink (I’m not cool enough to be one of those coffee loving people.)
3. Do you happen to have a favorite author?
I don’t have one author that is a favorite. I have several that I love to read.
4. Where did you get your inspiration to write your book?
I’d been reading a lot of werewolf/shifter stories and one night the idea came to me. It all revolved around the wolf pretending to be a stray dog and not revealing himself to his mate until she needed saved. The idea hounded my thoughts for months before I finally broke down an outlined out the characters and wrote the lake scene.
5. What is the hardest part of being a writer?
I find editing the hardest. It is so easy to miss the grammar mistakes and such when you’re going through 60,000+ words.
6. What is the easiest?
Developing my characters and writing out their stories. When the characters feel like old friends who are dictating their stories to me to share with the rest of the world how can it not be easy and fun.
7. What made you decide to become an author?
I’ve always seen writing as my outlet and I finally felt like I had a story other people would enjoy reading.
8. Tell us a bit about your book for those who have not read it yet.
Reviving Bloom is the story of Bloom & Pike. Pike is a wolf shifter who is trying to come to terms with the loss of his father and his new position as Alpha when he comes across the scent of his mate, Bloom. Bloom knows nothing about Pike’s world and for a year she’s been trying to deal with losing the only parent she’s ever known, her dad Michael. By pulling her into his world they dig up old secrets that had been kept from her and to get all the answers they have to search out the mother who abandoned Bloom at birth.
9. What's with the cover photo and why did you chose it?
The wonderful Stephanie Mooney did the cover. I went in not knowing how I wanted it to look at all, so she asked me about the characters and about one of my favorite scenes and she created my beautiful cover from that.
10. What book are you reading now?
I just finished reading Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn and I’m getting ready to start Susan’s Summer by Maddy Edwards.
11. Will we see another book by you soon?
I’m currently working on a YA book titled Promised. I’m hoping to have it finished and out by the spring and then I’m going to start on the follow-up to Reviving Bloom.
12. Were any of your characters inspired by people in real life?
Not fully. I may have used bits and pieces of my friend’s personalities, but none of my characters are completely modeled after one person.
13. Have you thought about writing a different genre?
I already am. Promised has taken me away from paranormal for a little while and so far I’m loving writing it, but I can’t wait to dive back into my shifter world.
14. Any advice for anyone wanting to be a writer?
If you find inspiration hits you write it down. It may lead to nothing or like me it could lead to your first book.
1. 3 things that make you happy?
My family, chocolate, and a good book
2. 3 things that make you upset or mad?
Seeing my son cry, when people make moronic assumptions about stuff they don’t really understand, and liars.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you want to be stranded with?
My husband and son. You didn’t say I only had to choose one and I can’t picture my life without either of them.
4. What is your favorite show?
I have become addicted to Sons of Anarchy and since it’s a new addiction I’ve had to go back and catch up on the past seasons.
5. What is your favorite book that you could read over and over?
Anything by Kristen Ashley. That woman can write a bada** like no other.
6. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Read. I always have my kindle or a book within reach.
7. Favorite food?
Chicken (fried, baked, with noodles, I love it anyway I can get it.)
8. Favorite drink? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I’d be happy anywhere as long as I have my husband and son by my side, but Ohio will always hold a little piece of my heart.
10. The new cool thing now that we read about is vampires and werewolves, angels and demons. Which would you pick and why?
Werewolves! I like seeing how the different authors handle the pack situations and whether they go along with the true mates that you find in many werewolf books. Plus who doesn’t love a hot alpha male.
Thank you for taking time to be interviewed.
About the Author:
Michelle is a 28 year old native Ohioan. Go Buckeyes! She lives with her husband and son. When she isn't spending time with her family or working you can find her with her nose stuck in a good book. On October 3, 2012 she released her first book as an independent author, Reviving Bloom.