Stuff and Things And What Boredom Brings by Rue Volley


Stuff & Things and What Boredom Brings (A Witches Tale, #1)

Synopsis: 
Follow our teenage witch "Alexi" as she goes on a wild ride into the rich secrets her hometown of "Ravenswood" keeps under lock and key.
Alexi Carvelle is your typical teenage girl, dealing with school and a recent tragedy in her life. Follow her as she learns to deal with the loss of her Mother, navigates a new found love growing for her best friend (Logan Stewart) and suddenly gets thrust into a world of magic she did not know existed until a mysterious boy by the name of Kyle Huntington arrives in town throwing everything into chaos. This is the first book in this new series by paranormal author Rue Volley that skirts YA minus a tad bit of language and some situations that border adult in nature. Filled with new creatures, plenty of magic and lots of humor to overshadow the grief, this is a story that easily draws you in and keeps you wanting to know more. It is available on amazon.com along with all of Rue Volleys other books in the Kindle Store



My Review:


I received this book from the author to give an honest review.

I would have given this book a 4 1/2 since I had some questions on the way a character would act, or the whole deal with Kyle. But overall since I truly enjoyed this book and I did not want to put it down I gave this book a 5.

I truly enjoyed reading this book as it deals with witches and of course I love reading anything to do with that.
Stuff and Things and What Boredom brings is about a young teenager name Alexi who lives in Ravenswood with her father and mother who eventually her mother passes away. Alexi's father is one of those guys that you would love to have as a father. He is written in the book as a cool dad. Later on in the story Alexi learns that her mother and her ancestors were witches. Has it been passed on to her?

With her best friend Logan they uncover really what is going on in Ravenswood and who the new boy Kyle really is. Logan and Alexi are a perfect match together! You can tell that there are feelings there that are more meaningful than just a friendship. 
Out of all the characters in the book I have to say I loved Logan with his drama and overreacting of certain things that happened to him or around him.  

My only thought on this book is how did Kyle exactly end up as a zombie? I didn't feel as though there was a lot of detail in the matter.

I can not wait to read book 2 in this series, as I want to know what is going to happen next between Alexi and Logan. Also I want to know if the people in the town will be free of the curse that has been in place. 


My Rating: 5 books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White